MvCALL Method="PUT" related issue.

<MvCALL ACTION="{ g.Tradier_API_Host $ l.url_ext }"
    FIELDS="l.duration,l.type,l.price"
    METHOD="PUT"
    HEADERS="{ g.JSONDATA $ g.Tradier_Hdr }">
    <MvASSIGN NAME = "l.return" VALUE = "{ l.return $ s.callvalue }">
    <BR> <MvEVAL EXPR = "{ s.callvalue }">
    </MvCALL>

Above script fails to send fields data as real values. Instead, it sends it as 'null' to the destination server. I have tried with POST, it appears fine. It only fails during the PUT method. I am using v5.32

Could you please help.

Hello,

PUT does allow data to be sent. Does it literally send "null" or do you mean it just ends up sending a blank value? This quick program works for me (albeit I imagine the data being send will need to have some kind of delimiter).

Code:
    <MIVA STANDARDOUTPUTLEVEL = "">

<MvASSIGN NAME = "l.duration"    VALUE = "forever">
    <MvASSIGN NAME = "l.type"        VALUE = "outside">
    <MvASSIGN NAME = "l.price"        VALUE = "expensive">

<MvCALL METHOD = "PUT"
            ACTION = "http://localhost"
            FIELDS = "l.duration, l.type, l.price">
    </MvCALL>
    generates this request

Code:
    PUT / HTTP/1.1
    Host: localhost
    Content-Type: text/plain
    Content-Length: 23
    Connection: close

foreveroutsideexpensive

Leave a comment:

• rajpatel_uk
    replied
    MvCALL Method="PUT" related issue.

<MvCALL ACTION="{ g.Tradier_API_Host $ l.url_ext }"
    FIELDS="l.duration,l.type,l.price"
    METHOD="PUT"
    HEADERS="{ g.JSONDATA $ g.Tradier_Hdr }">
    <MvASSIGN NAME = "l.return" VALUE = "{ l.return $ s.callvalue }">
    <BR> <MvEVAL EXPR = "{ s.callvalue }">
    </MvCALL>

Above script fails to send fields data as real values. Instead, it sends it as 'null' to the destination server. I have tried with POST, it appears fine. It only fails during the PUT method. I am using v5.32

Could you please help.

Last edited by rajpatel_uk; 07-09-19, 11:24 AM. Reason: I have managed to find the workaround for this issue. Instead of sending three fields separately, i created a one big string with parameters related to all three fields, and it worked!

Leave a comment:

• dcarver
    replied
    Re: Miva Merchant Empresa Bugs?

Originally posted by RayYates View Post
    Wrapping foreachcontinue inside comments causes the template compiler to fail.

Error compiling template: At 260:7-260:21 - syntax error, unexpected FOREACHCONTINUE

Code:
    <mvt:comment> 
    <mvt:if expr="NOT ('_Head' IN l.settings:item:name)">
        <mvt:foreachcontinue />
    </mvt:if>
    </mvt:comment>
    Miva Merchant 9.0004
    MivaScript Engine v5.23
    A bug has been filed and will most likely be fixed in the 5.24 engine. My bet is you will get that error for all the other continue/stop functions that exist.

Leave a comment:

• RayYates
    replied

Wrapping foreachcontinue inside comments causes the template compiler to fail.

Error compiling template: At 260:7-260:21 - syntax error, unexpected FOREACHCONTINUE

Code:
    <mvt:comment> 
    <mvt:if expr="NOT ('_Head' IN l.settings:item:name)">
        <mvt:foreachcontinue />
    </mvt:if>
    </mvt:comment>
    Miva Merchant 9.0004
    MivaScript Engine v5.23

Leave a comment:

• dcarver
    replied

Originally posted by truXoft View Post
    Similar compiler bug as Ray reported above (may be the same in fact, though with a different type of parenthesis). Compiler v5.20. Omitted a closing curly bracket will crash the compiler. Normally, when running the compiler from a command line, it is not a big issue, since the compiler prints out the error message before crashing, but when called from within a programming workbench (such as for example Visual Studio), the error messages are not passed through, so it may look like the file compiled without errors, and it can take a while before realizing the problem.

Example:
    Code:
    <MvEVAL EXPR="{glosub('XYZ','X','A')">

Hi truXoft,

Can you give us more specifics on your setup? I've tried this on Ubuntu 14.04 (64 bit), Cent 5.2 (32 bit), Win 8.1 (64 bit) and I get the same compiler errors, but never a seg fault.

Do you get any compiler errors, or does it was just crash on you?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• truXoft
    replied

As for the Mia bug reported by Christopher above, I am on Win8/64 bit and cannot edit Mia settings through the interface either. Only editing them directly in the Registry works (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Miva\Miva Mia\VM).

Leave a comment:

• truXoft
    replied

Similar compiler bug as Ray reported above (may be the same in fact, though with a different type of parenthesis). Compiler v5.20. Omitted a closing curly bracket will crash the compiler. Normally, when running the compiler from a command line, it is not a big issue, since the compiler prints out the error message before crashing, but when called from within a programming workbench (such as for example Visual Studio), the error messages are not passed through, so it may look like the file compiled without errors, and it can take a while before realizing the problem.

Example:
    Code:
    <MvEVAL EXPR="{glosub('XYZ','X','A')">

Leave a comment:

• virtualkiwi
    replied

Hi Eric,
    thanks for looking into this. One thing I noticed, even after an unistall of 5.19 there was still a registry key:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\VirtualStore\MA CHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Miva\Miva Mia\VM

Installing 5.20 did not appear to access or modify any of the entries under this key.

I'm not sure if this would have any impact?

Leave a comment:

• Eric Foresman
    replied

Hi Christopher

I haven’t been able to reproduce that issue so far. I am using Miva Mia on my win 7 x64 system. I can both change and save the port, data, and html fields. I have tried clean install of Mia 5.20 and Mia 5.20-x64 as well as updating from Miva Mia 5.19 to 5.20 & 5.20-x64.

Is there anything else you can think of that might be the cause of this issue for me to try?

Thanks

-Eric

Leave a comment:

• virtualkiwi
    replied

This is relating more to Mia than to Empresa as such, but hopefully this is the right place to post.
    I ran a diagnostic script to check some settings which made me realise I was still running Mia 5.19, so I duly upgraded to 5.20.

The trouble is with Mia 5.20 no matter what I did to configure a custom port and script and data directories, Mia would not apply the directories I set at all, and would not remember the port after closing and restarting Mia.

I tried both installing and running as administrator to no avail, and tried a complete uninstall, still with no luck.

Uninstalling 5.20 completely and reinstalling 5.19 has Mia behaving as expected again.

I'm running on Windows 7 x64.

I'm not sure if anyone else has encountered this? I've never had problems upgrading versions previously.

Leave a comment:

• RayYates
    replied
    Re: Miva Merchant Empresa Bugs? MvDo ?

Originally posted by wmgilligan View Post
    Not sure if its me or Miva, but the docs say (and I have done this before):

Code:
    <!--#include file="/external.html"-->

This can be replaced by:
    <MvDO FILE="/external.html">
    MvDo has been update on MivaScript.com to reflect the current state of the language.

Leave a comment:

• burch
    replied

I'm able to reproduce it and will file a bug.

Leave a comment:

• RayYates
    replied

This syntax error crashes the compiler 5.20. Notice the extra parenthesis after l.data.

<MvIF EXPR="{ substring(l.data),1,1) EQ '0' }">

Leave a comment:

• RayYates
    replied

I just got back, and I'll check on this today.

Leave a comment:

• Rick Wilson
    replied

Ray Yates maintains it on our behalf, I'll get with him and Burch to make sure it's properly documented.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X