Base Readytheme top navigation single-column

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Base Readytheme top navigation single-column

Still playing with the base readytheme top navigation. Got all the categories to display in the default top-navigation with class of nav nav-justified single-column as I want. Now...the problem is the smaller screens below 767px. It displays fine but only until you click for the dropdown of categories. At that point, navigating the drop downs is fine until you try to use the vertical scroll bar on the categories...the drop down/categories disappear.

Has anyone tried the single-column on the base readytheme? Just wondered if it is me or I am missing a file/script that should be there, or what? I would have thought the base readytheme would be a complete working theme before release, so that is making me wonder if it is me or a file I don't have.

This is a client site, so I don't want to post the link...sorry. Hopefully, someone has an answer.

Thanks,

Jamie
    Last edited by jsdva; 06-01-15, 08:01 AM. Reason: spelling
    Jamie Donaldson
    JSDVS Web Design / Development
    Web Design | Web Development | E-commerce Design & Integration

Re: Base Readytheme top navigation single-column

Okay, so the only fix I've found is to remove that inner scroll on the drop down via:

Code:
    @media(max-width:767px)
    {    
    .navbar-collapse {
         max-height: none;
    }
    }
    If anyone has any better ideas, I'd be glad to hear them...

Jamie
    Jamie Donaldson

Comment

By the way, the max-height was to control the left/right shift of the navbar, and keep the drop down expanded on hover on the drop down in screens less than 800px. With that style, the nav does not shift on hover, but it also does not stay expanded, and didn't stay expanded before either.

Next, I am looking for a way for the drop down to remain open, so that the site visitor can scroll up and down on the 800px width or less drop down. It didn't stay open before either, unless you remained moused/finger over the expanded nav. If you try to go for the vertical scroll bar on the screen , it closes the drop down (meaning the drop down stops expanding).

I am using the The bootstrap nav css within the readtheme.css. The original boostrap framework did not do this, but trying to compare is not netting anything.

Anyone??? Tap, tap....is this thing even one?

Jamie
      Jamie Donaldson

Comment

Okay...after looking over a bunch of other readytheme sites, I am noticing that the navbar drop downs do not stay expanded like the bootstrap navbars do. So....apparently...this is the default in the base readytheme as well. So long as you stay hovered on/touching the drop down links it remains open....go off of it and it collapses.

However, the code to stop the left/right shift is still necessary for the navbar I am playing with, so maybe it will help someone else.

I think I am getting really good at answering my own questions. [grin]

Jamie
        Last edited by jsdva; 06-06-15, 11:13 AM. Reason: addition
        Jamie Donaldson

Comment

Working...
        X