Modify Shipping Estimate for Flat Rate Shipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modify Shipping Estimate for Flat Rate Shipping

I use flat rate shipping and do not need the state, zipcode or country to estimate shipping. Consequently, I am trying to modify the shipping estimate on the BASK page such that the customer only has to click the 'Estimate Your Shipping' button to see their options. I am down to the following, but it involves clicking two buttons to get the estimate, the 'Estimate Your Shipping' and 'Calculate'. Any suggestions on how to modify for one button to estimate the shipping costs? Thanks, Bonnie

shipping-estimate.jpg

<mvt:if expr="g.Secure">
    <mvt:assign name="g.formURL" value="g.secure_sessionurl" />
    <mvt:else>
    <mvt:assign name="g.formURL" value="g.sessionurl" />
    </mvt:if>
    <div class="shipping-estimator">
    <a href="#" id="js-show-shipping-estimate" title="Estimate Your Shipping" class="button button-small button-small-font button-square bg-gray charcoal show-shipping-estimate">Estimate Your Shipping</a>
    <div id="js-shipping-estimate-dialog" class="row shipping-estimate-dialog">
    <form method="post" name="shipestimate_form" action="&mvt:global:formURL;" id="js-shipping-estimate-form" class="column whole">
    <input type="hidden" name="Screen" value="SERT" />
    <input type="hidden" name="Store_Code" value="&mvte:store:code;" />
    <div id="js-shipping-estimate-fields">
    <input type="hidden" name="ShipEstimate:ship_state_select" value="&mvte:global:ShipEstimate:ship_state_select " id="js-shipping-estimate-state-select" class="input-small-font" />
    <input type="hidden" name="ShipEstimate:ship_state" value="&mvte:global:ShipEstimate:ship_state;" id="js-shipping-estimate-state" class="input-small-font" />
    <input type="hidden" name="ShipEstimate:ship_zip" value="&mvte:global:ShipEstimate:ship_zip;" id="js-shipping-estimate-zip" class="input-small-font" />
    <input type="hidden" name="ShipEstimate:ship_cntry" value="&mvte:global:ShipEstimate:ship_cntry" id="js-shipping-estimate-country" class="input-small-font" />
    </div>
    <div id="js-shipping-estimate-results" class="shipping-estimate-results"></div>
    <div class="row">
    <div class="column half align-center">
    <input type="submit" value="Calculate" title="Calculate Shipping" id="js-shipping-estimate-calculate" />
    </div>
    </div>
    </form>
    </div>
    <div>

Re: Modify Shipping Estimate for Flat Rate Shipping

Hi, Still using the same premise. estimate shipping on BASK page with flat rate shipping. Since the flat rate shipping does not need a state, zipcode or country, I have removed the prompts for these items and tried the following, but am having no luck. Here is the latest code I am using on the shipping estimate tab on the BASK page:

<mvt:if expr="g.Secure">
    <mvt:assign name="g.formURL" value="g.secure_sessionurl" />
    <mvt:else>
    <mvt:assign name="g.formURL" value="g.sessionurl" />
    </mvt:if>

<div class="shipping-estimator">
    <form method="post" name="shipestimate_form" action="&mvt:global:sessionurl;Screen=BASK" class="nm">
    <input type="hidden" name="Action" value="SERT" />
    <input type="hidden" name="Store_Code" value="&mvte:store:code;" />
    <input type="hidden" name="ShipEstimate:ship_state_select" value="WA" />
    <input type="hidden" name="ShipEstimate:ship_state" value="WA" />
    <input type="hidden" name="ShipEstimate:ship_zip" value="98075" />
    <input type="hidden" name="ShipEstimate:ship_cntry" value="US" />

<div class="row">
    <button type="submit" value="Calculate" title="Calculate Shipping" id="js-shipping-estimate-calculate" />Estimate Your Shipping</button>
    </div>
    </form>
    </div>

Thanks, Bonnie
    Last edited by bonnie1525; 08-12-15, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X