Iron & Wool - Image questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iron & Wool - Image questions

For our current site, we have many products that have color attributes. So product 1 will have 3 colors and we will assign all the images in each product variant. The parent product won't have any images.

After installing Iron & Wool, all our CTGY images are No Image Available. Looks like the theme wants an image added to the parent product and set to Main Image. The problem I'm having is this Main image shows up as image #1 on the PROD page for all colors.

Where I'm really confused is in the demo. Looking at this product: http://ironwool.mivamerchantdev.com/...uslte-backpack

I have no idea how the images are setup. The CTGY page show the front of the green backpack. But that image isn't #1 on the PROD page. Instead there is a back green shot as image #2. Image #1 on the PROD page changes with attribute changes.

Any ideas on how this works now?

We really don't want the Main image on the parent product to carry over to the product pages.

Also, has anyone modified this theme to give the large image a fixed container, so as you select different thumbnails below, the image above always fits in a container so things don't jump around on the page (as the main image gets taller/shorter).

-Kevin
    Web Design and Development, Internet Marketing
    Lancer Media, Inc.

So I think I figured out the fixed main image container so it doesn't jump around when you change thumbnails. Trying to fix the thumbnail containers now because the default way they are coded has them jumbled if the sizes are different.

Seems like these themes are usually coded for the best case scenario, all perfect same sized images and thumbs.

Still trying to figure out the image issue from above. Can anyone help with how it assigns images. I seem to need an image in the parent product for the zoom to work. But I don't really want one because it places that image on all variants.

Also, has anyone used MagicZoom in these ReadyThemes? Does it work?

-Kevin

Lancer Media, Inc.

Comment

In order to display an image on the category page you need an image assigned as an image type (typically main) to the master product. Variant images will automatically replace the images assigned to the master as long as they share the same type.
      Brennan Heyde
      VP Product
      Miva, Inc.
      [email protected]
      https://www.miva.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brennan View Post
        In order to display an image on the category page you need an image assigned as an image type (typically main) to the master product. Variant images will automatically replace the images assigned to the master as long as they share the same type.

Brennan,

Awesome thank you! This worked.

-Kevin
        Lancer Media, Inc.

Comment

Working...
        X