unpacking and repackaging a readytheme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unpacking and repackaging a readytheme

I tried to find info in the forum... so if I missed it please point me at the forum topic.

I remembered a discussion from a couple years ago that I could change the extension on a readytheme to zip and unzip it. then I could edit the files.
    I am now trying it out. My source for the readytheme .pkg was the server's frameworks folder on the brand new miva store install.
    I thought I could just zip it back up and change .zip to .pkg and be able to upload it.
    However I am getting a missing file error message an my brand new 9.006 store doesn't like the theme.

To try out what I want to do (modify a readytheme so I don't have to do it via teh store admin on every single page template)
    I made some simple css classes changes, nothing complicated. I did things like change bg-yellow to bg-red in the code.

Now how do I get it back into the store?

The file is actually a tar file and you can un-tar it without changing the extension.

Here are the command line commands we use to un-tar the file:

tar -xf myframework.pkg

then to re-package it you would do:

tar -cf myframework.pkg * -j

This should take all the files in the folder your currently in and repackage them into a pkg file.
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Knowing it was a tarball with bzip2 was the ticket! Thanks!

It is working like a charm!

Comment

Working...
      X