Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Native Hide Out of Stock Items option for visitors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Native Hide Out of Stock Items option for visitors?

Native Hide Out of Stock Items option for visitors category/search product display page? I've looked into this in the past, its very important to us, just thought I ask again. I know workarounds exists, but its my understanding that such solutions are not ideal.
    Thank you, Bill Davis

Depends what you mean by "native". You could make a process page (i.e., a template page with the Product List template item) and run through all the products, and if Out of Stock (based on native miva stock tracking) set that product to inactive. This page can then be accessed by a scheduled task that runs say every 20/30 minutes (or more depending on store size.
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce - PhosphorMedia View Post
      Depends what you mean by "native". You could make a process page (i.e., a template page with the Product List template item) and run through all the products, and if Out of Stock (based on native miva stock tracking) set that product to inactive. This page can then be accessed by a scheduled task that runs say every 20/30 minutes (or more depending on store size.
      Forum Post: Shadows ReadyTheme Mega Menu?

Originally posted by William Davis View Post

Would users have an option to filter (hide) Out of Stock products from category page? I know there are current workarounds available, but they are not ideal, at least not as I understand.
      Originally posted by Matt Zimmermann View Post
      Hi Bill,

With the ReadyThemes, I try to only use natively available functionality. Once there is an inherit way to filter out of stock products, it will be available in the themes.
      Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

if your asking if the RT menus filter out OOS, they should. If not, you could easily place a test in that RT template foreah loop
        Bruce Golub
        Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce - PhosphorMedia View Post
          if your asking if the RT menus filter out OOS, they should. If not, you could easily place a test in that RT template foreah loop
          Thanks Bruce, but your suggestion flew right over my head.
          Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

Working...
          X