Couple notes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple notes

Very excited to work with this theme! :)

Still testing it out, but I've noticed the following so far:

Navigation breaks from 960-990px. Yes, it's not a standard resolution, but one way or another customers will have their browsers at this size.

I think the window should scroll to top after an item is added to the cart. If your on mobile, and the browser is scrolled down a bit, it appears that nothing happened after adding the product to cart.

That's a rather specific break point, what device are you testing for? As for the add to cart, I will take a look at adding that functionality in.
    Matt Zimmermann

Miva Web Developer
    Alchemy Web Development
    https://www.alchemywebdev.com
    Site Development - Maintenance - Consultation

Miva Certified Developer
    Miva Professional Developer

https://www.dev4web.net | Twitter

Comment

Cool. Just testing the responsiveness of the site in dev tools. Not everyone browses with their window maximized. When you have a couple million visitors, their window resolution could (and will) fall within that range ~

Comment

Another option for the Add to Cart is to float the Cart. Some users don't like those auto scrolls. Especially if there are 'related' products in view near the add to basket control (which is what we try to do.)
        Bruce Golub
        Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

That was one thing I noticed as well. Hard to tell anything happened when adding a product to the cart on mobile.

You could even just have the add to cart button change to a green color and the words to change to "Product Added" for say maybe 3-5 seconds and then it changes back to the regular button. I see that a lot on other sites for mobile and desktop.
          Nick Harkins
          www.loveisarose.com
          *Web Developer
          *Miva
          *Google Analytics, Search Console, Tag Manager, Merchant Center, Ads

Comment

I also noticed that during checkout on mobile and desktop the auto fill skips the State drop down.

It ends up autofilling the Other State field

Not a huge deal but it could prove troublesome for users who don't notice. All about that easy checkout flow.
            Nick Harkins
            www.loveisarose.com
            *Web Developer
            *Miva

Comment

The way I helped combat the confusion between the State and Other State fields is the Other State field is hidden via JavaScript until the Country is changed to something other than the US.

US is set to the default country.

It also helped keep the Other State field from being filled in by autofill
              Nick Harkins
              www.loveisarose.com
              *Web Developer
              *Miva

Comment

Originally posted by SidFeyDesigns View Post
                The way I helped combat the confusion between the State and Other State fields is the Other State field is hidden via JavaScript until the Country is changed to something other than the US.

US is set to the default country.

It also helped keep the Other State field from being filled in by autofill
                Absolutely do this! (Matt, could be default behavior as 99% of miva store's are US based.)

Also agree on the Add to basket. I don't think customer's really need to see even the 'mini-basket' just after adding the product, especially when most themes are auto updating pricing based on selection. I'd put the actual price right next to the Add to Cart and then message back right there after adding the item to the basket. (This might be an 'optional' feature as I understand it won't always work for everyone.)
                Bruce Golub
                Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
                phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
                X