Email address not set on input creating mailchimp sync errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email address not set on input creating mailchimp sync errors

Having issues with mailchimp full sync errors because the email addresses are not being set on the input.

Error:
    Timestamp,Task,Type,Message
    "8/11/2020, 11:16:21 AM",MailChimp: Full Synchronization,W,Customer 'ssssss' was not added to the batch: MER-FUF-MLCP-00046: Failed to determine an appropriate email address

I think those errors are stemming from when registering for a new customer account. I noticed on the Shadows / Colossus themes when registering a new customer account, the first name and last name will get set for the Ship To / Bill To Information associated with the customer's account but an e-mail address does not get set.

I am hoping there is an easy way to update the LOGN screen to have the e-mail address used when registering also get set as default for the Ship To / Bill To.

Does anyone have a fix for this?

Jamie
    Jamie Donaldson
    JSDVS Web Design / Development
    Web Design | Web Development | E-commerce Design & Integration

Hi Jamie,

The customer create function on LOGN was designed to allow a visitor to create an account without having to fill out the entire ACAD form. As such, and with the implementation of multiple addresses, we are only setting the details you mentioned. This was done with the thinking that their billing and shipping information would be set either by editing their account or through checkout. If you are having the visitor being signed up for your mailing list from LOGN, I would recommend moving that functionality to OCST for better results. The CACT page could probably be modified to push their email into the billing or shipping if moving the MailChimp integration isn't possible. Another option might be to modify the MailChimp JavaScript to pull the entered email address and process it though AJAX.
    Matt Zimmermann

Miva Web Developer
    Alchemy Web Development
    https://www.alchemywebdev.com
    Site Development - Maintenance - Consultation

Miva Certified Developer
    Miva Professional Developer

https://www.dev4web.net | Twitter

Comment

Actually, the newsletter signup is in the global footer, but we also have a checkbox on the OCST page. Does this make a difference?

Unless I get that email address into the customer ship to/bill to, mailchimp will continually error and never be able to do a full synchronization.

Lost with the rest of what you said.
      Jamie Donaldson

Comment

Hi Jamie,

Is the process receiving errors when using the one in the global footer, on OCST, or both?
        Matt Zimmermann

Miva Web Developer
        Alchemy Web Development

Miva Certified Developer

Comment

No, the errors come when I am doing the Scheduled Task >> Mailchimp synchronization. Maybe I am not understanding how mailchimp handles the newsletter signup box in the global footer versus the scheduled tasks >> synchronization in Miva.
          Jamie Donaldson

Comment

Hi Jamie,

That scheduled task imports historical orders and customers, but it is intended to only be ran once.
            Matt Zimmermann

Miva Web Developer
            Alchemy Web Development

Miva Certified Developer

Comment

Full Synchronization has never run to completion. (That is also where I find the error on the email addresses as well.) At least I don't get a task completed message. Should I?
              Last edited by jsdva; 08-26-20, 08:29 AM. Reason: clarify
              Jamie Donaldson

Comment

Hi Jamie,

In that case, I would recommend contacting support to have them take a look into why this is happening.
                Matt Zimmermann

Miva Web Developer
                Alchemy Web Development

Miva Certified Developer

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Zimmermann View Post
                  Hi Jamie,

In that case, I would recommend contacting support to have them take a look into why this is happening.
                  I did. They sent me here.
                  Jamie Donaldson

Comment

Apparently if you use Mailchimp and Shadows/Colossus, it is not automatically set to require the email address for ship to /bill to. This presents a problem with using mailchimp, since it requires that email. So, if you are thinking about using mailchimp, and have this set-up, you need a custom fix for it.

Just a heads up for anyone thinking about using the module.
                    Jamie Donaldson

Comment

This sucks. I'm using Shadows/Coloussus and Mailchimp integration doesn't work. I can't send targeted emails based on past purchases. Seems like I shouldn't have to pay to get a module to work, Mailchimp integration is pretty much industry standard and most shopping cart software offers it. It's not like my template was something I created, Shadows/Colossus is Miva built..

Comment

dutch If your customers have signed up for your mailing list via checkout, then you should have both their billing and shipping email addresses. If they have signed up via a different form, then you would only have the email address they provided there. If you are polling your past orders to create a mailing list, email addresses should be present unless you do not have them as a required field.
                        Matt Zimmermann

Miva Web Developer
                        Alchemy Web Development

Miva Certified Developer

Comment

Yep. Also, to integrate order data properly ..."a developer would need to update the mailchimp API to set fields accordingly, but the module is not setup for use with this as custom merge fields other than the newsletter sign up".

Owner was hoping for order integration to target emails.
                          Jamie Donaldson

Comment

dutch If your customers have signed up for your mailing list via checkout, then you should have both their billing and shipping email addresses. If they have signed up via a different form, then you would only have the email address they provided there. If you are polling your past orders to create a mailing list, email addresses should be present unless you do not have them as a required field.
                            With Shadows, this was not the case for my site owner. It was not coming over via checkout, even though those are set as required within the admin >> Customers. However, on our newsletter form, it is set as required and comes through perfectly. So, the only thing that works properly for us is the newsletter form.
                            Jamie Donaldson

Comment

Yes I can send emails to customers like that. But in the year 2020, I want to be able to send emails based on activity from their orders. Example. If customer ordered product-code X, then they receive an email showcasing product-code Y. Product-code data is coming through, but not in the correct Mailchimp field so I can't use it. This seems like a module/integration which is half baked.

Comment

Working...
                              X