• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lesliekirk
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt Zimmermann View Post
    Hi Leslie,

So far, to the best of my research, there is nothing you would have to modify in the style sheet when it comes to preloading or pre-fetching a font. If you find out otherwise, please let me know.
    Yeah, I will (sort of brain fogged right now).

Leave a comment:

• Matt Zimmermann
    replied
    Hi Leslie,

So far, to the best of my research, there is nothing you would have to modify in the style sheet when it comes to preloading or pre-fetching a font. If you find out otherwise, please let me know.

Leave a comment:

• lesliekirk
    replied
    Originally posted by lesliekirk View Post
    Interesting - it's also an issue with the Colossus Demo site. The only place I can find it referenced is in the file:

/* ================================================== ========================
    UTILITIES / ICONS
    ================================================== ======================== */

/**
    * This contains the "@font-face" call needed to add the ReadyTheme Icons Font
    * package to your site. These icons are available for use in addition to any
    * theme-based icons which may be referenced in the "theme-fonts.css" file.
    */

@font-face {
    font-family: 'ReadyTheme Icons';
    font-style: normal;
    font-weight: normal;
    font-display: fallback;
    src: url('themes/colossus/ui/css/ReadyThemeIcons.woff') format('woff');
    }

If I use the preload method - I think I need to "tweak" this. (I think it's what Google is seeing)

Leave a comment:

• lesliekirk
    replied
    Hi Leslie,

I have run several tests on this and the preload does seem to be a little flighty. I will have to do some more research. However, from what I am seeing on my test site, the cost for the font is only 0.10s to 0.28s so...not to much really.
    I'm getting 2.88s or I wouldn't be trying so hard to fix this.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Zimmermann
    replied
    Hi Leslie,

I have run several tests on this and the preload does seem to be a little flighty. I will have to do some more research. However, from what I am seeing on my test site, the cost for the font is only 0.10s to 0.28s so...not to much really.

Leave a comment:

• lesliekirk
    replied
    Interesting - it's also an issue with the Colossus Demo site. The only place I can find it referenced is in the file:

/* ================================================== ========================
    UTILITIES / ICONS
    ================================================== ======================== */

/**
    * This contains the "@font-face" call needed to add the ReadyTheme Icons Font
    * package to your site. These icons are available for use in addition to any
    * theme-based icons which may be referenced in the "theme-fonts.css" file.
    */

@font-face {
    font-family: 'ReadyTheme Icons';
    font-style: normal;
    font-weight: normal;
    font-display: fallback;
    src: url('themes/colossus/ui/css/ReadyThemeIcons.woff') format('woff');
    }

Leave a comment:

• Matt Zimmermann
    replied
    Hi Leslie,

It could take a while. Of course, this is assuming you have the resource set to be active and being added to the head tag or css list. If not, then Google will not see it. You may need to go a different way like with a prefetch.

Leave a comment:

• lesliekirk
    replied
    Thanks! I've added both but Google's PageInsights is still not picking up the change I made.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Zimmermann
    replied
    Correct. https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/...oading_content

Leave a comment:

• lesliekirk
    replied
    Hi Leslie,

Along with adding rel="preload", did you add the attribute as="font"?
    Am I to add that literally? With the Attribute Name = as and the Attribute Value = font

Leave a comment:

• Matt Zimmermann
    replied
    Hi Leslie,

Along with adding rel="preload", did you add the attribute as="font"?

Leave a comment:

• lesliekirk
    started a topic Adding preload attribute

Adding preload attribute

Google's PageSpeed Insights is recommending that the ReadyThemeIcons.woff file be "preloaded". I did tweak the CSS Resources to give the file the attribute. Perhaps I'm being impatient but it's not seeing it when I rerun the test. Is there some sort of delay (on Google's end)?
Working...
X