Top Category Images not showing up on storefront

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top Category Images not showing up on storefront

Hi, I'm trying to figure out how to get images to show up for the Top Categories section at the bottom of the storefront. I read in another thread that I should add an image to a custom field but I don't see any within those categories nor do I know how to create one.

ISA-top-categories.png
    Attached Files

Each category should have a custom field available in the admin for the image to be assigned to.
    Matt Zimmermann

Miva Web Developer
    Alchemy Web Development
    https://www.alchemywebdev.com
    Site Development - Maintenance - Consultation

Miva Certified Developer
    Miva Professional Developer

https://www.dev4web.net | Twitter

Comment

I see category TITLE and TREE but I don't see a custom field for Top Categories. See attachment.

Attached Files

Comment

It looks like the custom fields have not been installed. You can confirm this by going to Utility Setting -> Custom Fields and see if the category ones are listed. If they aren't, you can add them in by importing the XML file included in your download of the ReadyTheme.
        Matt Zimmermann

Miva Web Developer
        Alchemy Web Development

Miva Certified Developer

Comment

shouldn't that be just the Category Tree image? Or at least, one could add that to what is controlling the output? I notice that a 'missing image' is being found, so its trying to pull an image from somewhere. To me, this looks like the entered image path is not correct.
          Bruce Golub
          Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
          phosphormedia.com

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Zimmermann View Post
            It looks like the custom fields have not been installed. You can confirm this by going to Utility Setting -> Custom Fields and see if the category ones are listed. If they aren't, you can add them in by importing the XML file included in your download of the ReadyTheme.
            Hi Matt, Thanks for bearing with me. I checked and custom fields have NOT been installed. I re-downloaded the colossus zip and I have the customfields.xml file but I've never uploaded one before. From googling it looks like I do it from one of these links but I'm not sure which. (see attachment)

Originally posted by Bruce - PhosphorMedia View Post
            shouldn't that be just the Category Tree image? Or at least, one could add that to what is controlling the output? I notice that a 'missing image' is being found, so its trying to pull an image from somewhere. To me, this looks like the entered image path is not correct.
            Hi Bruce. I can double check on the path just to be sure!

Comment

Forgot the attachment...
              Attached Files

Comment

To import the file, go to Settings -> Data Management -> Import Data and Settings in XML Provisioning Format
                Matt Zimmermann

Miva Web Developer
                Alchemy Web Development

Miva Certified Developer

Comment

BTW: noticed this site has an email contact address that doesn't appear to be the site domain. IMNSHO, site emails should always be @domain-name.com and non-personalble. I.e., sales@ contactus@ orders@, etc.
                  Bruce Golub

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
                  phosphormedia.com

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Zimmermann View Post
                    To import the file, go to Settings -> Data Management -> Import Data and Settings in XML Provisioning Format
                    That did it Matt, thanks for your help! I started attaching images and they are showing up perfectly.

Originally posted by Bruce - PhosphorMedia View Post
                    BTW: noticed this site has an email contact address that doesn't appear to be the site domain. IMNSHO, site emails should always be @domain-name.com and non-personalble. I.e., sales@ contactus@ orders@, etc.
                    Agreed Bruce, if I remember correctly we had it set up that way a LONG time ago and I believe we had spam issues (or some other problem) and then the owner just said to use his address as-is. With the launch of the new site I'll look back into that. Thanks for bringing it up.

Comment

replace the email with an 'image' of the email address and link that to a spam filtered (capcha) contact form.
                      Bruce Golub

phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
                      X