Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Levels Checkout Process -- Non standard payment options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Levels Checkout Process -- Non standard payment options?

How is this theme designed to handle non-standard payment options.

Levels Checkout Process (at least the demo) seems to assume that everybody is paying with a credit card.

My client has very many payment options depending on what's in the cart, shipping destination and price group membership. These include COD, Charge CC on File, Wire Transfer, Affirm Payments, Paypal Payment, and all major credit cards. All of these don't show up on the OPAY screen. We handle this with custom logic to filter what options display.

Internally, Merchant MUST have a payment option selected on the OSEL screen before you can go to the OPAY screen, or you get an error. Levels hides the payment option selections and picks the first one, then, on the OPAY screen displays the payment options again, ignoring the selection from the previous screen. It displays credit card fields and lets you select the cards on this screen.

When I unhide the options on the OSEL screen then:
    1. Selecting Charge CC on File or COD, the OPAY screen provides only the options to submit your order.
    2. Selecting Affirm or Paypal, I'm redirected to those sites instead of OPAY

I can code whatever is needed, but am I supposed to replace the payment handling on the OPAY screen? If so what happens to Paypal and Affirm when I select them from this screen.

Last edited by RayYates; 12-21-16, 09:07 AM.
    Ray Yates
    "If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
    --- Sir Isaac Newton

Hi Ray, you are correct in your assumption of the Levels checkout process. While some accommodations have been made for other payment types, in a store like the one you are describing, you will have to completely customize the code and logic for OSEL and OPAY.
    Matt Zimmermann

Miva Web Developer
    Alchemy Web Development
    https://www.alchemywebdev.com
    Site Development - Maintenance - Consultation

Miva Certified Developer
    Miva Professional Developer

https://www.dev4web.net | Twitter

Comment

Matt, this discussion reminded me that I need a PO/Check payment option with a 10 character entry box. Is that one of the "accommodations" that already exists?
      Keith Oratz
      PrepareSmart, LLC - Emergency Preparedness Supplies and Professional Grade Search and Rescue Gear
      www.preparesmart.com

Comment

The check option is built into Miva and is accommodated for. With purchase orders, you will need a separate module, however I believe it should work as well.
        Matt Zimmermann

Miva Web Developer
        Alchemy Web Development

Miva Certified Developer

Comment

Originally posted by Keitho View Post
          Matt, this discussion reminded me that I need a PO/Check payment option with a 10 character entry box. Is that one of the "accommodations" that already exists?
          You can kind of fake it, IF you are willing to take the chance that customers will enter the proper info. Basically, use "COD" and then use a custom Order field to capture the PO info. You can use javascript/jquery to check the PO entry and only allow the Continue button to work if they are probably filled in.
          Bruce Golub
          Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
          phosphormedia.com

Comment

More Levels Weirdness -- This happens on my site and the Levels demo site. http://levels-theme.mivamerchantdev.com/

Log out does not removed the customer information information from the checkout customer information screen. Log in in with another account does not replace the previous information from the checkout screen.

Step 1. Start checking out and log in using 1 account, Verify the information on the OCST page.

Step 2. Log Out. Return to OCST. Information is still present

Step 3. Log in with another account. Return to OCST. Information from the first login is still present.
            Ray Yates
            --- Sir Isaac Newton

Comment

Hi Ray,

The customer fields on OCST are stored in a custom basket field. Try adding this to your LOGOUT page to try can clear them when a customer logs out.
              Code:
              <mvt:item name="customfields" param="Write_Basket('basket', '')" />
              Matt Zimmermann

Miva Web Developer
              Alchemy Web Development

Miva Certified Developer

Comment

Wouldn't it be better to do this at the Merchant level a) when a customer logs out or b) do it right before a customer logs in? In either case, the basket does not need to be emptied but the customer information should be cleared.

I added this to the head tag so its not page dependent.
                Code:
                <mvt:if expr="g.Action EQ 'LOGO' ">
                <mvt:item name="customfields" param="Write_Basket('basket', '')" />
                </mvt:if>
                Last edited by RayYates; 12-22-16, 07:32 AM.
                Ray Yates
                --- Sir Isaac Newton

Comment

On further inspection, clearing the basket does not work/solve the problem. I have two logins with two addresses.

Once I login in with the first address, that information continues to display on the customer information page, even after I log out, clear the custom basket field, and log in with another account with a different address.

In addition If I just logout and return to checkout, OCST thinks I'm still logged in. Is this a cookie problem?

Can anyone else with levels confirm this is happening?
                  Last edited by RayYates; 01-06-17, 09:43 AM.
                  Ray Yates
                  --- Sir Isaac Newton

Comment

I am unable to duplicate this on the demonstration site [http://levels-theme.mivamerchantdev.com/]. If I log in with one account, proceed to or through OCST, go to my account and log out, and then return to checkout, the form fields are empty as expected when clearing the basket custom fields. Can you run your test on the demonstration site and let me know if it work for you?
                    Matt Zimmermann

Miva Web Developer
                    Alchemy Web Development

Miva Certified Developer

Comment

Ray I know this is an old thread. But I discovered this last week in my levels theme dev site too. Did you find a solution?

Comment

Originally posted by kayakbabe View Post
                        Ray I know this is an old thread. But I discovered this last week in my levels theme dev site too. Did you find a solution?
                        I am working with a levels readytheme, and this problem does not happen to me. Maybe the version of the theme? Mine is updated to 9.0006 and latest version of the theme itself.

Jamie
                        Last edited by jsdva; 03-20-18, 07:28 AM.
                        Jamie Donaldson
                        JSDVS Web Design / Development
                        Web Design | Web Development | E-commerce Design & Integration

Comment

mine ought to be 9.0006 and updated to the latest and greatest. but my store was an old miva5 store that I upgraded to 9.0006 and then imported the levels ready theme dated feb 7 2018 (that's when I Downloaded it from the miva app store). my old miva 5 store didn't do this. Miva has acknowledged that it occurs both in the forum and via support.

Comment

Originally posted by kayakbabe View Post
                            ...Miva has acknowledged that it occurs both in the forum and via support.
                            Then it is absolutely something that is specific to your store, since I did the exact steps you laid out and did not have the issue. May be old files from previous changes (upgrades, themes, scripts, etc). That would be the only thing I can think of.

Sorry not more help.

Jamie
                            Last edited by jsdva; 03-21-18, 06:45 AM. Reason: clarity
                            Jamie Donaldson
                            JSDVS Web Design / Development
                            Web Design | Web Development | E-commerce Design & Integration

Comment

Working...
                            X