Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting the Newsletter to work. Trying to use mail chimp..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting the Newsletter to work. Trying to use mail chimp..

I have Mail chimp but when I spent all this time creating the new site in Level Ready theme I wanted to use the newsletter that is there by default.
    So took the script that was there, and the script mail chimp gives and tried to put it together but then when you go to use it it says "Your merge fields are invalid'

Here is what I have
    The Original in Levels ReadyTheme
    <div class="row">
    <div class="column x-large-np">
    <div class="column whole newsletter-wrapper">
    <div class="row">
    <div class="column whole large-two-fifths large-half large-align-left align-center">
    <h2 class="newsletter-title">Join our Newsletter</h2>
    <p>We don't send one out very often, but when we do we inform you to latest products and specials.</p>
    </div>
    <div class="column whole large-three-fifths">
    <span class="breaker"></span>
    <form>
    <div class="input-group newsletter-group">
    <span data-icon="&#xe010;"></span>
    <input type="email" class="newsletter-input input input-large" placeholder="Enter your email address&hellip;"><br>
    <button class="button bg-green white newsletter-button button-large nb">Join</button>
    </div>
    </form>
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>

Here is what Mail Chimp gives

<div class="mailchimp">
    <div class="mailchimp_title">
    <h2>Join our Newsletter</h2>
    </div>
    <div>
    <input class="mailchimp_email" data-mailchimp-identifier="global-mailchimp-email" type="text" name="Email_Address" placeholder="Email Address" />
    <input class="mailchimp_button_signup" type="button" title="Sign Up" value="Sign Up" onClick="MailChimp_NewsLetter_Signup_Submit( 'global-mailchimp' );" />
    </div>
    <div class="mailchimp_message" data-mailchimp-identifier="global-mailchimp-message">We don't send one out very often, but when we do we inform you to latest products, specials and occasionally a coupon.</div>
    </div>

Here is what I created between them

<div class="row">
    <div class="column x-large-np">
    <div class="column whole newsletter-wrapper">
    <div class="row">
    <div class="column whole large-two-fifths large-half large-align-left align-center">
    <h2 class="newsletter-title">Join our Newsletter</h2>
    <p>We don't send one out very often, but when we do we inform you to latest products and specials.</p>
    </div>
    <div class="column whole large-three-fifths">
    <form>
    <div class="input-group newsletter-group">
    <span data-icon="&#xe010;"></span>
    <input class="mailchimp_email" data-mailchimp-identifier="global-mailchimp-email" type="text" name="Email_Address" placeholder="Email Address" />
    <input class="mailchimp_button_signup" type="button" title="Sign Up" value="Sign Up" onClick="MailChimp_NewsLetter_Signup_Submit( 'global-mailchimp' );" />

</div>
    </form>
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>

What Mail Chimp gives really doesn't fit well in the footer on the Levels ReadyTheme, I really want the look of what is originally there but working so thought it ought to work with Mail Chimp but don't understand enough.. Help!

If you are getting invalid merge fields, it means the list you are connecting to has required merge fields. You will need to either not make those fields required or add the custom merge fields into the Mail Chimp form.
    Matt Zimmermann

Miva Web Developer
    Alchemy Web Development
    https://www.alchemywebdev.com
    Site Development - Maintenance - Consultation

Miva Certified Developer
    Miva Professional Developer

https://www.dev4web.net | Twitter

Comment

Working...
    X