Credit card selection on OSEL and OPAY?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit card selection on OSEL and OPAY?

On OSEL, the customer selects which credit card they want to use. Then, on OPAY, they fill out the credit card information. OPAY has a series of little credit card icons (Visa, Master Card, etc.) with one of them being highlighted. But I've discovered that regardless of what card type I select on OSEL, Visa is always selected on OPAY. I can then click the appropriate icon, but the whole process is a bit confusing. Why is the customer being asked to select their credit card type twice? Is there something wrong with my store?

Thanks for any help.
    Doug
    Using Miva Merchant since 2004
    StoreSMART.com

Hi Doug,

When a customer enters in their credit card number, the correct icon should be highlighted and pass through that way. Selecting of the icon manually should not be needed.
    Matt Zimmermann

Miva Web Developer
    Alchemy Web Development
    https://www.alchemywebdev.com
    Site Development - Maintenance - Consultation

Miva Certified Developer
    Miva Professional Developer

https://www.dev4web.net | Twitter

Comment

There's probably a way of dealing with this via JS, but I don't know levels that well. But personally, i'd remove the Payment selection from OSEL since its redundant. You'll still need to pass a paymentmenthod value, so you could enable COD payment, assign it to an availability group no one is in, and then use:

<input type="hidden" name="PaymentMethod" value="COD:COD">

This should let the customer reach the OPAY screens and since you don't actually provide COD for that customer, it would be hi lighted.

(Not Tested-But we do something similar on our sites.)
      Bruce Golub
      Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
      phosphormedia.com

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I did some more testing. On OPAY, when I start entering the number, the little icon switches to the correct card type. This functionality is fine. (Not sure why I was having trouble with it yesterday.) The choice of credit card type on OSEL does indeed seem redundant since that info apparently doesn't get passed to OPAY (only the fact that it is a credit card).
        Last edited by VisHorizons; 02-05-20, 01:41 PM.
        Doug
        StoreSMART.com

Comment

IMO, it's still worthwhile to try removing the 'OSEL' selection.
          Bruce Golub

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
          phosphormedia.com

Comment

I might look into that in the future. Thanks for the suggestion.

How would that work in regard to different payment types (credit card, PayPal, account balance, etc.), if the customer is not selecting that on OSEL?
            Doug
            StoreSMART.com

Comment

The way we handle that when there are items like COD, Paypal, and then CC, is to simply build static radio buttons with the choices:

o Credit/Debit Card
              o Paypal
              o COD
              Bruce Golub

phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
              X