Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Special-Offers or ShippingPayment which is correct?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Special-Offers or ShippingPayment which is correct?

Using the Analytics Real-Time Overview I was watching as I went through the checkout process. When I reached the checkout-shippingpayment-selection page it said I was on the checkout-special-offers page. I noticed my browser address bar showed the same special-offers address. I checked the URI of the OSEL page and it is /checkout- shippingpayment -selection.html.

Did Miva design it to work like this or is this a bug? I ask because I'm having some trouble getting the Google Funnel Visualization to work correctly. It's been very sporadic in reporting correctly. I'm wondering if this URI issue has anything to do with it.

Gary

[email protected]
    www.icCommerce.com

Hi Gary,

That has to do with how the internal routing of pages work.
    Matt Zimmermann

Miva Web Developer
    Alchemy Web Development
    https://www.alchemywebdev.com
    Site Development - Maintenance - Consultation

Miva Certified Developer
    Miva Professional Developer

https://www.dev4web.net | Twitter

Comment

Yes, I am aware of that. But does Miva really want the OUSL URL to be displayed when you are on the OSEL page? I know this doesn't appear to be that important but it all has to do with what to enter in the Google Analytics Goals / Funnel steps.
      Gary

[email protected]
      www.icCommerce.com

Comment

Hi Gary,

Unfortunately, there isn't really anything natively that can be done about it. OUSL is a virtual page that goes through a bunch of state checks to see what page we actually should display... (ie, OMIN, OUS1, OUSM, OSEL, or OCST). Without having to get into any crazy coding, you might want to add another step to your goal funnel to take that URL into account.
        Matt Zimmermann

Miva Web Developer
        Alchemy Web Development
        https://www.alchemywebdev.com
        Site Development - Maintenance - Consultation

Miva Certified Developer
        Miva Professional Developer

https://www.dev4web.net | Twitter

Comment

I could be completely wrong about this but if I have both the OUSL and the OSEL in the funnel steps one of them is getting skipped. I'm just wondering if this is why the funnel report is not working correctly? If anyone else is having the same problem or if the funnel is working correctly for them it would be nice to know.

As always, thank you for your input and help. It is greatly appreciated.
          Gary

[email protected]
          www.icCommerce.com

Comment

Wouldn't wrapping the analytics code with something like this work:

Code:
            <mvt:if expr="'|'$g.screen$'|' IN '|OMIN|OUS1|OUSM|OSEL|OCST'">
            <mvt:assign name="g.screenORG" value="g.screen"/>
            <mvt:assign name="g.screen" value="'OSEL'"/>

analytics code

<mvt:assign name="g.screen" value="g.screenORG"/>
            </mvt:if>
            Bruce Golub
            Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
            phosphormedia.com

Comment

We are also seeing issues trying to decipher the funnel between checkout-special-offers and checkout-shippingpayment-selection in the URL. Is this the best fix or has anything else been figured out? We used Google Tag manager for some of our code so this won't be as simple to implement.

Comment

See above comment.
                Bruce Golub
                Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
                phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
                X