Custom Pages on Shadows

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • studio6t6
    Mini Mivite

    • Apr 2019
    • 71

    #1

    Custom Pages on Shadows

    Hi all,

    Bit of a baffling one for me. I'm using custom pages on a Shadows ReadyTheme Store. I've used custom pages on just standard CSSUI frameworks before but this is the first time I'm using them on a Shadows ReadyTheme (or any Readytheme for that matter). Everything seems fine except that I'm getting this extra header showing up that I can't figure out where it's coming from. As a simple test, I created an exact copy of the storefront that I'm using. I called it SFNT_TEST and made sure that the exact same Items are assigned. I attached two screenshots for both the original SFNT page and the custom one SFNT_TEST that I created. You'll see that the test one actually says "STOREFRONT TEST" on the top left.

    Does anyone know why it would do that, especially considering that these are identical templates? Is there something I'm missing about setting up custom pages on ReadyThemes. The same thing happens on Elements by the way.

    Thanks,

    Attached Files
    Tony Pavao
    Studio6t6
    Vancouver BC Canada
    tony@studio6t6.com
  • Matt Zimmermann
    Mega Mivite










    • Apr 2008
    • 2482

    #2
    Hi Tony,

    When you are duplicating a page with Shadows, or many of the Legacy ReadyThemes, there are some coding locations you will need to make static. The first, is the BODY tag. You would have to add the page code manually like this:
    Code:
    <body id="js-SFNT" class="o-site-wrapper t-page-sfnt">
    After that, you may need to go through the global header and global footer looking for references to conditionals checking for the page code SFNT and add your new page code to them.
    Matt Zimmermann

    Miva Web Developer
    Alchemy Web Development
    https://www.alchemywebdev.com
    Site Development - Maintenance - Consultation

    Miva Certified Developer
    Miva Professional Developer

    https://www.dev4web.net | Twitter

    Comment

    • Bruce - PhosphorMedia
      Developer Partner











      • Mar 2006
      • 11257

      #3
      Originally posted by studio6t6 View Post
      Hi all,

      Bit of a baffling one for me. I'm using custom pages on a Shadows ReadyTheme Store. I've used custom pages on just standard CSSUI frameworks before but this is the first time I'm using them on a Shadows ReadyTheme (or any Readytheme for that matter). Everything seems fine except that I'm getting this extra header showing up that I can't figure out where it's coming from. As a simple test, I created an exact copy of the storefront that I'm using. I called it SFNT_TEST and made sure that the exact same Items are assigned. I attached two screenshots for both the original SFNT page and the custom one SFNT_TEST that I created. You'll see that the test one actually says "STOREFRONT TEST" on the top left.

      Does anyone know why it would do that, especially considering that these are identical templates? Is there something I'm missing about setting up custom pages on ReadyThemes. The same thing happens on Elements by the way.

      Thanks,
      never mind, matt to the rescue...
      Bruce Golub
      Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

      Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
      phosphormedia.com

      Comment

      • studio6t6
        Mini Mivite

        • Apr 2019
        • 71

        #4
        Hi Matt / Bruce,

        Okay, for starters, I would replace the current body tag with the custom page code like this?

        <body id="js-SFNT_TEST" class="o-site-wrapper t-page-sfnt_test"> Thanks for your help.
        Tony Pavao
        Studio6t6
        Vancouver BC Canada
        tony@studio6t6.com

        Comment

        • Matt Zimmermann
          Mega Mivite










          • Apr 2008
          • 2482

          #5
          Hi Tony,

          Actually, that is what would be output by the existing code. You would want to replace the BODY tag with the one I posted.
          Matt Zimmermann

          Miva Web Developer
          Alchemy Web Development
          https://www.alchemywebdev.com
          Site Development - Maintenance - Consultation

          Miva Certified Developer
          Miva Professional Developer

          https://www.dev4web.net | Twitter

          Comment

          • studio6t6
            Mini Mivite

            • Apr 2019
            • 71

            #6
            Okay did that.

            So as for the globalheader, it's littered with all sorts of conditionals referencing all sorts of pages. So if I want my custom page to behave and look like SFNT, then I need to find all the conditionals that reference SFNT and add my custom page code to that conditional?
            Tony Pavao
            Studio6t6
            Vancouver BC Canada
            tony@studio6t6.com

            Comment

            • Matt Zimmermann
              Mega Mivite










              • Apr 2008
              • 2482

              #7
              That is correct
              Matt Zimmermann

              Miva Web Developer
              Alchemy Web Development
              https://www.alchemywebdev.com
              Site Development - Maintenance - Consultation

              Miva Certified Developer
              Miva Professional Developer

              https://www.dev4web.net | Twitter

              Comment

              • lesliekirk
                Super Moderator











                • Aug 2008
                • 9314

                #8
                Also, make sure all the same Items are assigned.
                Leslie Kirk
                Miva Certified Developer
                Miva Merchant Specialist since 1997
                Previously of Webs Your Way
                (aka Leslie Nord leslienord)

                Email me: leslie@lesliekirk.com
                www.lesliekirk.com

                Follow me: X | Facebook | Pinterest

                Comment

                • studio6t6
                  Mini Mivite

                  • Apr 2019
                  • 71

                  #9
                  Yikes! Okay thanks, Matt.
                  Tony Pavao
                  Studio6t6
                  Vancouver BC Canada
                  tony@studio6t6.com

                  Comment

                  • studio6t6
                    Mini Mivite

                    • Apr 2019
                    • 71

                    #10
                    That worked! Many thanks, Matt, Bruce, and Leslie!
                    Tony Pavao
                    Studio6t6
                    Vancouver BC Canada
                    tony@studio6t6.com

                    Comment

                    Working...