Search preview not working in fasten header

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search preview not working in fasten header

A client noticed that the search preview isn't working in the fasten header. Anyone have any idea why it wouldn't? It's working in the main search form, just not the sticky / fasten header. Using the default search form:

<form class="t-site-header__search-form" method="post" action="&mvte:urls:SRCH:rr;">
    <fieldset>
    <legend>Product Search</legend>
    <ul class="c-form-list">
    <li class="c-form-list__item c-form-list__item--full c-control-group u-flex">
    <input class="c-form-input c-control-group__field u-bg-transparent u-border-none" data-mm_searchfield="Yes" data-mm_searchfield_id="x-search-preview--fasten" type="search" name="Search" value="&mvte:global:Search;" placeholder="Search" autocomplete="off" required>
    <button class="c-button c-button--large c-control-group__button u-bg-transparent u-color-gray-50 u-icon-search u-border-none" type="submit"></button>
    </li>
    </ul>
    </fieldset>
    <span class="x-search-preview u-color-gray-50" data-mm_searchfield_menu="Yes" data-mm_searchfield_id="x-search-preview--fasten"></span>
    </form>

I made sure that the scripts match what's in the Shadows docs as well. Is this an error that's been fixed in the past?

• I am not aware of any issue with this in the past and the demonstration site works as expected. Are you receiving any errors on the site and can you post a link to the site in question?
    Matt Zimmermann
    Director of UI/UX Standards and Theme Development
    / Miva, Inc.

Comment

• Thanks for responding Matt! Not getting any errors in the console. I can't share a link to the site on the forums – I'll PM one to you.

Comment

• Matt found the problem! I had multiple searchfields with the same "data-mm_searchfield_id". Woops...

Anyway, thanks again!

Comment

Working...
        X

This website uses cookies to identify visitors, track visitors to our website, store login session information and to remember your user preferences. By continuing to use this site you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accept