Limited Stock Message Tokens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limited Stock Message Tokens

I have noticed that when the quantity ordered exceeds the inventory level the message does not contain the tokens %product_name% and %inv_available%. Just a generic message "We do not have enough of the combination you have selected.<br>Please adjust your quantity". Where is this coming from and how to change the message to work with the available tokens?

Under Catalog / Inventory I have the limited stock message as "Sorry, we do not have enough %product_name% to fill your order. Please adjust the quantity and try again. Quantity Available: %inv_available%"

Any guidance would be appreciated. Miva Merchant 10.06.00. ReadyThemeVersion = 2.01.00

That error message is contained within the ajax-add-to-cart.js script. You'd have to edit it directly. If you want to include the product name and inventory available you'd have to modify both the script and the product template.

-Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by RTHOMASDESIGN View Post
      That error message is contained within the ajax-add-to-cart.js script. You'd have to edit it directly. If you want to include the product name and inventory available you'd have to modify both the script and the product template.

-Ryan
      Thanks Ryan, however when I try to edit the text in the admin under css/js resources under the extensions.js tab it breaks my product page. The message no longer appears but the prod page redirects to the PLMT page. If qty is adjusted correctly the add to cart button directs to the basket page and bypasses the mini cart. Also the "-" and "+" buttons don't work. If clicked again it goes to directly to the basket page. I don't understand, I'm just editing the text. Anyway, no big deal I guess, I just reverted back to the original extensions file. Is there someplace else I should be editing the ajax-add-to-cart.js script?

Comment

Working...
      X