Shopping Cart Link in Header not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shopping Cart Link in Header not working

I'm coming across two issues in my dev store.

1. When I click the Add to Basket button - the processing animation just goes on forever.

2. Clicking the Shopping Cart link in the header does nothing. I can, however, right click and open the link in a new tab. That brings up the BASK page and I see the item has been added.

I haven't customized the header at all other than to add an image. Thought this might be a bug but I don't see this issue showing up in the forums anywhere else.
    Matt E.
    www.harpkit.com

Re: Shopping Cart Link in Header not working

This sounds like it may be related to that Body Tag bug. Check your Body Tag content to make sure it was updated properly when you applied your framework.
    Ron Frigon
    Jedi Webmaster Obi-Ron Kenobi

Comment

Thanks, Ron. I think I have already fixed that. I have the following in the BODY Tag:

Code:
      <mvt:if expr="l.settings:page:code EQ 'CTGY'">    <body id="js-&mvte:page:code;" class="boxed <mvt:eval expr="tolower(l.settings:page:code)" /> &mvte:category:code;">
      <mvt:elseif expr="l.settings:page:code EQ 'PROD' OR l.settings:page:code EQ 'PATR'">
          <body id="js-&mvte:page:code;" class="boxed <mvt:eval expr="tolower(l.settings:page:code)" /> single-column &mvte:product:code;">
      <mvt:elseif expr="l.settings:page:code CIN g.screenCheck">
          <body id="js-&mvte:page:code;" class="boxed <mvt:eval expr="tolower(l.settings:page:code)" /> single-column">
      <mvt:else>
          <body id="js-&mvte:page:code;" class="boxed <mvt:eval expr="tolower(l.settings:page:code)" />"> </mvt:if>
      Matt E.
      www.harpkit.com

Comment

I'm getting this error when I add to cart:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'getAttribute' of undefined
        $.on.$.ajax.success @ scripts.js:562
        n.Callbacks.j @ vendor.min.js:2
        n.Callbacks.k.fireWith @ vendor.min.js:2x @ vendor.min.js:2
        n.ajaxTransport.k.cors.a.crossDomain.send.b @ vendor.min.js:2

Probably going to need to open a ticket, or maybe someone from Miva will jump in here.

I don't see any missing files and the Body tag looks correct.
        Ron Frigon

Comment

Thanks for looking, Ron!
          Matt E.
          www.harpkit.com

Comment

Thanks for looking, Ron!
            Any Time!

Have you made changes to any of the script files?
            Ron Frigon

Comment

Yes, yes I did. There is a section in scripts.js that helps prevent spam on the CTUS page
              Code:
              jsCTUS: function () {
                      // ---- Additional Server Security To Help Against Spambots ---- //
              I wanted to add the contact form to a different section of the website so I made a new page called CATG. I duplicated that whole section in the scripts.js file but changed CTUS to CATG
              Code:
              jsCATG: function () {
                      // ---- Additional Server Security To Help Against Spambots ---- //
              As a test, I put the original scripts.js file back on the server and still had the same issues.
              Matt E.
              www.harpkit.com

Comment

You are missing a section from you mini basket template. It's a DIV with ID 'js-mini-basket-container'. Compare your mini basket template with the one of default SUIVANT theme. This missing tag is causing all the issues to you.
                Rajnish Sinha
                ---------------------
                https://twitter.com/rajnishsi

Comment

Fixed it. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. It turns out the mini-basket module wasn't even turned on. Once I got it turned on, it still didn't work. The template did not populate with the code from the Suivant theme. I grabbed that from my developer site. Once I pasted that in the template, everything worked fine.
                  Matt E.
                  www.harpkit.com

Comment

Working...
                  X