Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breadcrumb and Horizontal Menu are having Issues. Looking for therapist.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breadcrumb and Horizontal Menu are having Issues. Looking for therapist.

I'm using the Suivant ReadyTheme and just found an odd behavior in the Horizontal Menu. I have some links in that menu that go directly to a product page. But when I follow that link, the breadcrumb trail seems to get inherited from wherever you are when you click the link and so, is often wrong.

My site is www.harpkit.com. Product links from my main menu would be any of the links under Harps > DIY Harp Kits>

Anybody else encounter this issue?
    Matt E.
    www.harpkit.com

Hi Matt,

The breadcrumbs are based on category assignment and will follow through category progression. A good example of this is your Baritone Uke w/Gig Bag product. If you search for a baritone product and click the link for this one, your breadcrumbs would be Home/ Folk Instruments/ Ukuleles/ Baritone Uke w/Gig Bag which is based on the canonical category for this product. However, if you navigate in your menu to Folk Kits -> Ukuleles -> Baritone Ukulele -> Baritone Uke w/Gig Bag, your breadcrumbs are Home/ Folk Instruments/ Ukuleles/ Baritone Ukulele/ Baritone Uke w/Gig Bag which has following your progression.
    Matt Zimmermann

Miva Web Developer
    Alchemy Web Development
    https://www.alchemywebdev.com
    Site Development - Maintenance - Consultation

Miva Certified Developer
    Miva Professional Developer

https://www.dev4web.net | Twitter

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply, Matt. Try clicking the following paths to see what I mean.

First - from the main nav menu go to Folk Kits > Ukuleles > Baritone Uke (That links to a category page and you get the correct breadcrumb trail.)

Now - go back in the main nav menu and click Harps > DIY Harp Kits > Belle Harp KIT (This links to a product) Check out the breadcrumb trail. I'm getting this:
      Home / Folk Instruments / Ukuleles / Baritone Ukulele / Bell Harp KIT
      Matt E.
      www.harpkit.com

Comment

Working...
      X