CTUS form not sending emails.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTUS form not sending emails.

I noticed that our contact form is no longer working on our CTUS page.

We haven't changed anything on that page for a while so, I'm not really sure when it stopped working.

It wasn't long after the miva update when a customer called asking if we received their email and we didn't.

So I tested it and it tells the user the email is sent but we never receive the email.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Nick Harkins
    www.loveisarose.com
    *Web Developer
    *Miva
    *Google Analytics, Search Console, Tag Manager, Merchant Center, Ads

Are you using the default contact form from Suivant or a third-party module?

If it is the default form, it may be an issue with the PHP file used to send the mail. Due to potential issues with the PHP file, we recommend switching to one of the contact modules like Easy Contact by Phosphor Media.
    Matt Zimmermann

Miva Web Developer
    Alchemy Web Development
    https://www.alchemywebdev.com
    Site Development - Maintenance - Consultation

Miva Certified Developer
    Miva Professional Developer

https://www.dev4web.net | Twitter

Comment

We are using the default form.
      Nick Harkins
      www.loveisarose.com
      *Web Developer
      *Miva

Comment

It's weird that it just stopped working. Just wish I knew exactly when it stopped working.
        Nick Harkins
        www.loveisarose.com
        *Web Developer
        *Miva

Comment

What mail server is the Contact form sending FROM? (i.e., localhost, [email protected], etc)
          Bruce Golub
          Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
          phosphormedia.com

Comment

[email protected] is our email. secure server is https://mail.cybrhost.net and unsecure is mail.loveisarose.com
            Nick Harkins
            www.loveisarose.com
            *Web Developer
            *Miva

Comment

Don't know if this applies, but many email services (i.e., aol.com, yahoo.com, etc) reject emails that are sent 'on behalf' of another domain. i.e., if they email originates mail.cyberhost.com but the email header has From set to [email protected], those services will reject the email. This results in the email attempt looking like a complete failure as it doesn't create a bounce or any other message being generated.

You should open a support ticket up with cyberhost.
              Bruce Golub
              Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
              phosphormedia.com

Comment

I actually managed to integrate the toolkit sendpage function with the suivant readytheme built in validation.

Had to remove the call to the contactForm.php and token.php.

I also set up Google's reCAPTCHA to fight against spam.

This allowed me to also set up another form which asks for more information for wholesale inquiries on another page without any issues. (had trouble doing that with the readytheme built in form)

I'm going to post a new thread on how to set this up later today.

Hopefully it'll help some people out who aren't ready to buy a module.
                Nick Harkins
                www.loveisarose.com
                *Web Developer
                *Miva

Comment

Working...
                X