Evaluating response from Reporting API module

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evaluating response from Reporting API module

I have this 2 liner that request a certain report that's for a given category, - best sellers in the last 30 days .:
    <mvt:do file="g.Module_Feature_RPT_DB" name="l.success" value="Report_Load_ID(25, l.settings:reporttest)" />
    report: &mvt:reporttest;<br/>

I get back a good response, but how do i make sense of the structure of the response? it's just a comma separated list of everything top level.
    using:<mvt:assign name="g.report_elements" value="miva_array_elements( l.settings:reporttest )" />
    and i get 10 elements which makes sense (report is set to return 10 results), but there's more meta data getting returned.

in googling, i see using miva_array_elements( ) with miva_struct_members( ) is the way to go. But any pointers on how i output this structure as a whole?

thanks for any help,
    Paul

Actually, found this simple solution in a gist.

<mvt:assign name="g.mvt_debug" value="glosub( miva_array_serialize( l.settings:reporttest ), ',', '<br/>' )" />

&mvt:global:mvt_debug;

outputs the contents of the structure.

Comment

another thing, usually the member names in return arrays mimic their database field names, so for example since these are products, you should find product:code, product:name, product:id, etc when you run the array in a foreach loop of <mvt:foreach iterator="product" array="reportest">
      Bruce Golub
      Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
      phosphormedia.com

Comment

Thanks Bruce, that's very helpful to know.

In this case it looks like the reporting API returns things a little differently. I think because the return data is meant to generate charts. Here's how it's structured:

:config:category=cpap-masks-bipap-masks
        :config:chart_topn=10
        :config:customers_in=1
        :config:display_topn=10
        :config:export_topn=10
        :config:metric=gross
        :config:products[1]:code=comfort-gel-blue-nasal-cpap-mask-respironics
        :config:products[1]:name=ComfortGel+Blue+Nasal+CPAP%2FBiPAP+Mask+with +Headgear
        :config:products[1]:set_id=1
        :config:products[1]:total=6151.03
        :config:products[2]:code=dreamwear-cpap-bipap-mask-philips-respironics
        :config:products[2]:name=DreamWear+Nasal+CPAP%2FBiPAP+Mask+with+Headg ear
        :config:products[2]:set_id=2
        :config:products[2]:total=4624.2
        :config:products[3]:code=comfort-gel-blue-full-cpap-bipap-mask-respironics
        :config:products[3]:name=ComfortGel+Blue+Full+Face+CPAP%2FBiPAP+Mask+ with+Headgear
        :config:products[3]:set_id=3
        :config:products[3]:total=4210.68

thanks again,
        Paul

Comment

Working...
        X