Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

20 New Reasons Toolbelt should be part of your store.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20 New Reasons Toolbelt should be part of your store.

We are pleased to announce the latest version of PCINet Toolbelt. Version 5.4

PCINet Toolbelt dramatically extends the Miva Merchant 5 page template language like no other module, adding several hundred new commands and turning Merchant page templates into a full scripting language. But you don't have to be a programmer to make effective use of Toolbelt. Many features require simply pasting an item into a page template and perhaps setting a few parameters, as clearly shown in the in-store documentation.

Documentation that's second to none. Stop struggle to understand cryptic sample code and incomprehensible mivaspeak. The module contains an indexed reference guide built in, with examples, a code builder, plus direct links to the full documentation. There you will find the essential knowledge you need to understand how page templates work and how make use of the hundreds of commands that you now have access to.

What's New?

SEARCH: Drop in replacement for Merchants Search feature. Now you can search by category and custom product fields. Fully configurable.

SORTING: Including Pagination, User selectable items per page and more on Search, Category and Product List Pages.

PREVIOUSLY VIEWED: Display a drop down select box of previously view products. It can be placed on any page but tracks up to 12 previously view products.

LOOKUP LOGIN: Display a form that allows customers to enter their email address and receive their account login name by email.

New Sample Templates, New Built in functions, Better Error trapping and messages. Faster code execution. This means you get more work done with less time, effort and head scratching.

Much More...
    • Array_Elements: Returns a number of elements in an array.
    • Category_Load: Returns the specified category letting you put any category information on any page. Also returns: href, image_title, and image_tree.
    • Category_Products: Provides paging links, user selectable sorting, user selectable items per page. It can be used on the CTGY page template or can be used to create alternate category page layouts.
    • hasAttributes: This item returns a number of attributes a product has. On a category page this can be used to change the Add to Basket button into a More Information link, for any product that has attributes.
    • Lookup|Login: This item outputs a form that allows customers to enter their email address and receive their account login name by email. Comes with the Loogup_Login page template to provide complete formatting flexability.
    • NumberFormat: This item and the NumberFormat() function returns a number formally formatted. For example 1214365.346 formats as 1,214,365.35
    • PercentFormat: This item and the PercentFormat() function returns a number formatted as a percentage. for example 0.156 would display as 15.6%
    • Product_BestSellers: Returns the stores best selling products from all products or by category. You can specify the maximum number of items and the sort order.
    • Product_Categories: Returns each category record a product is assigned to.
    • Product_List: Provides paging links, user selectable sorting, user selectable items per page. Used on the Product List (PLST) page.
    • Product_Load: Returns the complete product data set, letting you put any product information on any page.
    • Products_New: Returns the newest products added to the store. You can specify the maximum number of items and the sort order.
    • Product_NextPrev: Used to create buttons links or image links when added to a product page for Previous and Next products in the category.
    • Products_Random: Returns randomly selected products from a category or from all products.
    • Product_Related: Returns all related products letting you put any related product information on any page. You can specify the maximum number of items and the sort order.
    • Products_Purchased: Returns the stores most recently sold products. You can specify the maximum number of items and the sort order.
    • Products_Viewed: This item outputs a drop down select box of previously view products. It can be placed on any page but tracks up to 12 previously view products.
    • Trace: Outputs debugging text directly into you web page so you can visually see which toolbelt commands are being executed.
    • Search_Products: Last but not least, this replacement for Merchant search allows you to specify which fields to search including custom product fields. Provides paging links, user selectable sorting, user selectable items per page.

Toolbelt has many powerful features not found in any other Merchant addon module. Here are a few: Do, Query, For, Benchmark, Varlist, Remember Me, Event Timer, DateTime commands, SEOLinks and much much more.

From the Author

I used to be a store owner and developed my site using Merchant 4.13, so I understand what merchants need and want. I sold that business to a large media company and joined Andreas Toman at PCINet, turning my attention to creating websites for others. Frustrated by the simplicity of page templates, I wrote toolbelt so I could add basic functionality to Merchant 5 that allowed us to create the websites our clients really wanted, not just what could be done with Stock Merchant.

I still build websites, but now they do more, are easier to use, faster and rise above the pack. With the addition of Toolbelt, yours can too.
    Last edited by RayYates; 09-28-10, 10:51 AM.
    Ray Yates
    "If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
    --- Sir Isaac Newton

Re: 20 New Reasons Toolbelt should be part of your store.

Toolbelt Update

Toolbelt now comes with 6 new page templates with Toolbelt pre-configured.
    • Search -- Complete drop in search page with Toolbelt Search features pre-integrated.
    • Search_results -- Search page results layout.
    • Search_category_select -- Two methods for adding a dynamic category select dropdown box to the search form.
    • Lookup_Login -- Allows a customer to lookup their login name using their email address.
    • Contact_cssui -- Contact Us Email Form for stores using the CSSUI framework with installation.
    • Contact_mmui -- Contact Us Email Form for stores using the MMUI framework with installation.
    Last edited by RayYates; 10-14-10, 06:40 AM.
    Ray Yates
    --- Sir Isaac Newton

Comment

spelling mistake
      Last edited by RayYates; 10-14-10, 06:38 AM.
      Ray Yates
      --- Sir Isaac Newton

Comment

another reason for toolbelt: mysql query feature really adds amazing flexibility!

Comment

Working...
        X