Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Copernicus Shipping SuperMod v5 - Price Groups!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copernicus Shipping SuperMod v5 - Price Groups!

Hi Miva Merchants,

I'm please to announce our first feature update release of the Copernicus Shipping SuperMod. The new version of the Shipping SuperMod 5 includes:
    1. Ability to constrain shipping based on PRICE groups
    2. A new streamlined interface, allowing you to set which fields display on the configuration screen.

Module updates can be downloaded from the original store of purchase, both at MvtRocks.com and MivaCentral.com

Best,
    James
    James Harrell
    current: Friend of Miva
    2007-2012 eMediaSales & Viking Coders
    2005-2007 Miva Merchant
    2001-2005 Copernicus

Re: Copernicus Shipping SuperMod v5 - Price Groups!

Very good to see these modules are being worked on once again!

Comment

I wish there was a way to EXCLUDE a certain shipping method from certain price groups.
      I offer free shipping on orders over a certain amount. I also have wholesale Price group. I want to be able to restrict a certain shipping method to that group only and no other methods should show up for that group.

Comment

Red Flare,

I have the same problem, I don't want to offer Flat Rate $5.00 and Free over $75.00 to my wholesale price group. Did you ever figure out something?
        Thanks
        Brian Biviano
        Vegas Internet, LLC

Comment

Originally posted by VegasInternet View Post
          Red Flare,

I have the same problem, I don't want to offer Flat Rate $5.00 and Free over $75.00 to my wholesale price group. Did you ever figure out something?
          Thanks
          Brian Biviano
          Vegas Internet, LLC
          no wasn't able to.

Comment

Hi Brian & RedFlare,

The Shipping SuperMod is designed to provide "inclusion rules", eg, which customers are specifically allowed. It doesn't provide exclusion rules. We have this on our wishlist but it is not currently available.

Best,
            James
            James Harrell
            2005-2007 Miva Merchant
            2001-2005 Copernicus

Comment

This is a problem for us too. We have the module and have found it useful, but currently have no way of offering our wholesale customers shipping rates independent of the retail customers. Having Price Groups be EXCLUSIVE (excluding all others if a price group is selected) would have been much more useful as they are currently INCLUSIVE by default.

Has anyone found a use for Price Groups in the SuperMod?

Comment

To clarify, I see that you could include additional shipping methods for price groups as it's setup in the module, but you could do that and more if selecting price groups in the module would exclude all other groups from seeing that shipping method.

Comment

For clarity, selecting a price group for a shipping method DOES imply that the customer MUST be a member of that group in order to see the shipping method. The specific scenario being discussed in this thread is "how to limit a shipping method to ONLY customers NOT in a price group. There's no way to do this currently, since there's no "retail" price group that you can select to create the requirement.

Best,
                  James
                  James Harrell
                  2005-2007 Miva Merchant
                  2001-2005 Copernicus

Comment

Hi James,

Again, for clarity, there is no way to currently show a price group (wholesale) a completely separate set of shipping options from a non-price group (retail) with the SuperShipping Mod. Is that correct?

Comment

I wish I had known that before I bought the module, because that's exactly what I needed it to do. Rick Wilson recommended it, but it really doesn't do much for me...

Comment

Here's what I used to create a separate shipping rate for US Wholesale. Our price group for wholesale is called "AKD Wholesale." I setup a price table for this and activated in Super Shipping Mod with the price group and US assigned. Seems to work just fine, but still testing.

Code:
                        <!-- Check for US Wholesale / Hardcoded Ship Method From CBS Super Shipping Mod Output-->
                        <mvt:if expr="l.settings:customer_pgroup:name EQ 'AKD Wholesale' AND Basket:ship_cntry EQ 'US'">
                        <div class="form_row">
                        <label for="ShippingMethod" class="bold">Ship Via:</label>
                        <select name="ShippingMethod" id="ShippingMethod">
                        <option value="cbs-supshipping5:selectone">Select Shipping</option>
                        <option value="ptbship:Wholesale Ground Shipping &amp; Handling">UPS Ground Shipping ($11.95)</option>
                        </select>
                        </div>

<mvt:else>

<!-- Normal MIVA Loop for Shipping Methods -->
                        <div class="form_row">
                                  <label for="ShippingMethod" class="bold">Ship Via:</label>
                                  <select name="ShippingMethod" id="ShippingMethod">
                                    <mvt:if expr="ISNULL l.settings:shippingmethods">
                                      <option value="">Unable to Calculate Shipping Costs</option>
                                      <mvt:foreach array="shippingmethods" iterator="method">
                                        <mvt:if expr="NOT ISNULL l.settings:method:price">
                                          <option value="&mvte:method:module;:&mvte:method:code;">&mvt:method:name; (&mvt:method:formatted_price;)</option>
                                          <option value="&mvte:method:module;:&mvte:method:code;">&mvt:method:name;</option>
                                        </mvt:if>
                                      </mvt:foreach>
                                  </select>
                                </div>

Comment

We did this on our site with an if statement.
                          For shipping, we have flat rate shipping, UPS (foreign) and free shipping.
                          If in the wholesale price group then ONLY show UPS (USA).
                          Also, if the order is over $100, show Purchase Order as a payment method. If under, hide it.

We used sort shipping and Purchase order plus.
                          Richard Waters

www.MivaWebmaster.com
                          [email protected]
                          Tel: 541-943-3268

Comment

Working...
                          X