Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viking v5 Shipping Module Updates

Hi Miva Merchants,

We have new updates available for all of our Viking shipping modules, please click "Check for Updates" in your module administration screen.

Updates include:
    - Improved support for external systems such as Webgistix
    - Bug fixes for an API function used by Google Checkout
    - For USPS, we've added a "reset" feature that allows you to reset the rate names to the default names. In the event a name was incorrectly mapped during manual setup or the rate names change in the future, you can use this to restore all method names to USPS defaults.
    - In ALL of our v5 shipping modules, you can now select Advanced settings, then enable rate debugging. This logs all communication to and from rate service providers so merchants can review, verify and troubleshoot the rate requests and responses.

Thanks to everyone for your patience - I know we have been slow to respond in some cases to helpdesk requests. But due to the volume of USPS issues, we suspended our support fees during this time of need so as not to take advantage of this unfortunate situation. As a result we've been backed up with tickets, but we're just about back on track.

If you have Viking module issues that have gone unanswered for a while, please again be patient with us as the USPS issues created a backlog.

Thanks,
    james
    James Harrell
    current: Friend of Miva
    2007-2012 eMediaSales & Viking Coders
    2005-2007 Miva Merchant
    2001-2005 Copernicus

Re: Viking v5 Shipping Module Updates

I just tried to update to the latest version; however apparently the link pointed to the wrong version and the Miva update failed. When I examined the file contents, it is marked as "VERSION_4.033". It should be "VEFRSION_5.xxx"
    www.amperordirect.com

Comment

Are you using Miva Merchant 4 or 5?
      James Harrell
      2005-2007 Miva Merchant
      2001-2005 Copernicus

Comment

I experienced a similar problem with the USPS module in my MM5 store. My 'check for upgrade' link showed the current version as 5.034, and 5.038 as available. I downloaded it when I try to upload it to my store I get an error:

Code:
        Runtime error in mm5/5.00/admin.mvc @ [0000000a:0000009c]:
        admin.mv:  Line 1430: MvDO: Unable to find function 'Module_Description'
        The PDF in the zip file clearly shows it as a 4.X module, and it has a 4.033 file!

Where's the 5.038 version?

Comment

Please download again, I've put a fresh distribution file up.
          James Harrell
          2005-2007 Miva Merchant
          2001-2005 Copernicus

Comment

Thank you. I was able to install the new update.
            www.amperordirect.com

Comment

Working...
            X