Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IDS Official Policy announcement!

IDS @ MivaCentral

Many here may know that I have been, in a sense, holding on to MM4 with OpenUI by continuing to update and support those modules both custom and retail. I am officially making that policy obsolete. The latest example of why this must be done, the expiration of the openui.org domain, which MivaMerchant saved the day temporarily for many MM4 store owners. Thanks Rick! That basically pounded home the reality that MM4 has seen its better days. And more so in my case, MM4 with OpenUI has actually impeded progress for the move to the present let alone the future.

The details are as follows:
    -support for IDS MM4 modules for free is discontinued.
    -There will be no more updates to IDS MM4 modules.
    -Any requests for MM4 custom modules, chances are, discretion will be applied, and will be reviewed with the lowest priority.
    -a concerted effort to get my own web site updated.

Another recent example: there was about a month delay in releasing Customer Group Track for MM5 because of some issues regarding MM4 modules. If those issues for some MM4 stores and my involvement in those stores didn't manifest, CGT might have been released before the end of the year. This was very frustrating for me. LOL, if I'm to get frustrated at something in the future, let be for something that applies to something current aye?

You can still purchase IDS modules directly and through MivaCentral at a deep discount understanding that support is discontinued. So, this actually may be a good time get a module you need while you're in the process of planning your move to MM5.5.

Thanks very much,

Scott Shepard
    I will be at the conference (current plan anyway).
    Need to offer Shipping Insurance?
    Interactive Design Solutions https://www.myids.net
    MivaMerchant Business Partner | Certified MivaMerchant Web Developer
    Competitive Rates, Custom Modules and Integrations, Store Integration
    AutoBaskets|Advanced Waitlist Integration|Ask about Shipping Insurance Integration
    My T-shirt Collection is mostly MivaCon T-shirts!!
Working...
X