Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get More Customers

Announcing EasyAccount

Make it easy for your customers to sign up with a Miva Merchant Account.

Customers simply enter a password AFTER they have already purchased. By requesting a sign up AFTER the order, there is no impediment to capturing the all important initial (or even follow up order). Afterward, customers can use all the order based features in your store.

It couldn't be Simpler

EasyAccount is not only easy for your customers, its also easy for you. Basic module installation takes care loading all the necessary files. Easy to setup and customize. Easy to see the results. Easy to get: get EasyAccount now for 25% OFF!
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Re: Get More Customers

Just wanted to say I really like this simple addition to our store.

Have not fully exploited it yet but wanted to report that so far this module is converting non-registered buyers at a 24% conversion rate into account holders.

Bruce is also awesome about updates. There was a recent tweak for IE 7 which he automatically sent out without even having to ask for it!
    Dylan Buchfink
    The Mattress & Sleep Company
    http://www.tmasc.ca/

Comment

Thanks Dylan. I'd encourage all EasyAccount users to let us know the conversion rates so we can better determine ways of increasing it. Though the main factor will always be the nature of your customer base, I'm sure that we could find ways to increase conversions if we see enough of a pattern among similar sites.

Note: If you have the latest version 5.03, then you can just send us a support message which will contain the conversion stats.

Lastly, if anyone needs a way to create an order without a CC card to setup the module, we can provide you with a check module that will allow only yourself (or someone you know) to use CHECK as the payment method. Just let us know when you purchase.

EasyAccount Info Page
      Bruce Golub

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
      phosphormedia.com

Comment

I am interested in EasyAccount - but I would like to see more information about how it works.

EasyAccount would replace the default Miva account creating page?

So someone can place any number of orders without creating an account... then they can come back any number of days later and create an account and have all their orders associated with that account?

Say someone without any orders creates an account with EasyAccount and then places 2 orders logged-in. Then a few months later they come back to the Web site and place 3 more orders but without logging into their account. Will all their orders be tied together in the original account?

How does EasyAccount get along with customers that already have accounts before the EasyAccount was installed?

Does this module replace the log-in process too? Would this module make a module that allows people to use their email address as their log-in obsolete?

Comment

Originally posted by TipPro View Post
          I am interested in EasyAccount - but I would like to see more information about how it works.
          Paul,
          Thanks for your interest, see replies inline:

EasyAccount would replace the default Miva account creating page?
          No, in fact, it doesn't use the Create Account page at all. It does, after creating an account, bring up the "Edit Account" page so customers can make any changes. For example, say that this purchase as a gift and they used a different Ship to. But otherwise, everything is automatic.

So someone can place any number of orders without creating an account... then they can come back any number of days later and create an account and have all their orders associated with that account?
          No, though that would be an interesting feature to add. What it does is display a small window on the Invoice page, that provides a Password box (and whatever descriptive text you want). They enter their password, click Create Account and its done. (As mentioned above, they are taken to the edit screen in case they want to make changes.

Say someone without any orders creates an account with EasyAccount and then places 2 orders logged-in. Then a few months later they come back to the Web site and place 3 more orders but without logging into their account. Will all their orders be tied together in the original account?
          Not yet, working on adding a "remember me" type feature, but even then ONLY if the Customer asks too. You have to be careful with customer data even if its usually to the customer's benefit to help them out.

How does EasyAccount get along with customers that already have accounts before the EasyAccount was installed?
          If they are logged in, they never see the option to use Easy Account. While one could check to see if the email address matches previous accounts, its hard to infer a customer's intent (for example, they may WANT a separate account. At this point, asking all these questions of hapless customers would be detrimental--imo--to the concept of EasyAccount. But as always, i am open to suggestions and cohersion.)

Does this module replace the log-in process too? Would this module make a module that allows people to use their email address as their log-in obsolete?
          No. Although as mentioned, a Remember Me feature is in the works (and again, user controlled). As for Email Address modules, i suppose, though if you already have it, you'll have to keep that module in place to allows old account holders to use their email (most, simply use an alias tied to the email address).
          Bruce Golub

phosphormedia.com

Comment

Quick question,
            I am using a points redemption module. To earn points, the customer must be logged in or must create an account during checkout. Will this module still allow the customer to earn points on the purchase if they choose to create the account on the INVC page?
            Kent
            www.awindofchange.com

~~Once you take flight your eyes will forever be turned skyward~~

Comment

Originally posted by Gamelord View Post
              Quick question,
              I am using a points redemption module. To earn points, the customer must be logged in or must create an account during checkout. Will this module still allow the customer to earn points on the purchase if they choose to create the account on the INVC page?
              Would depend specifically on the HOW the points module does the association, but i'd say, probably not because the logical way to run a points module would be ON fulfillment (meaning the Invoice page is shown) This would be BEFORE EasyAccount had a chance to popup. Now, you could call the EasyAccount feature on the the OSEL, or OPAY screens. When testing, we found the conversion rate MUCH higher when it was on the Invoice screen. However, it might work for you especially if you say "Hey, sign up and get XXX number of points.
              Bruce Golub

phosphormedia.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce - PhosphorMedia View Post
                Thanks Dylan. I'd encourage all EasyAccount users to let us know the conversion rates so we can better determine ways of increasing it. Though the main factor will always be the nature of your customer base, I'm sure that we could find ways to increase conversions if we see enough of a pattern among similar sites.
                39% conversion rate
                * 39 Customers have signed up through EasyAccount
                * 100 Customers have viewed the signup request

Problem is approximately 10 - 20% of the customers that do sign up through EasyAccount end up creating two accounts within a few minutes.
                For example, first account would be [email protected] and the second one they create is abc123. Only the first account has the order associated with it.

I pretty sure the problem is the 'create account' pop-up window remains open after they've created the 1st account. Is there any way to have that window automatically close after they enter their password?

Have other's using the EasyAccount module experienced this?

Note: We DO have a message informing the customer that their account has been successfully created after they enter their password. I think the fact that the pop-up remains open asking them to enter password is confusing them. They enter password again and they get a message that their username has already been taken, so they strip off the @hotmail and create that 2nd account. I've even had one customer create 3 accounts!
                Bronson Design Studio, LLC
                Facebook: facebook.com/bronsondesign

Comment

Good point. I'll see about "closing" the window after the submit button is clicked. Might have to use Javascript though...which we where avoiding.
                  Bruce Golub

phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
                  X