Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viking FedEx Advanced v5 Update v6.000

Hi Merchants,

The long awaited "Web Services" update to Viking FedEx Advanced for Miva Merchant 5 is available.
    • If you are ALREADY on a Software Update Subscription Plan, your License has been upgraded to permit download and install of the module. Simply click "Check for Updates" and follow the link and instructions to log into our new customer control panel. You will then be able to download and install the software using your existing key.
    • If you DO NOT yet have a subscription, then click "Check for Updates" and purchase either a Viking Single License Subscription (new subscriptions, now includes support) or pre-purchase the Viking Everything subscription. In either case, after purchase you will be able to download the install the software.

Please note: This update requires you to call FedEx to upgrade your account to the WebServices API. Rates will not be available in your store until they upgrade/re-certify your account for the new WebServices API.

*Note: for those who are interested in the Viking Everything Subscription, we'll be officially announcing it soon. The pre-purchase is available to existing customers who want to get Everything at the time of their upgrade rather than getting just a single license subscription.

Best,
    James
    James Harrell
    current: Friend of Miva
    2007-2012 eMediaSales & Viking Coders
    2005-2007 Miva Merchant
    2001-2005 Copernicus

Re: Viking FedEx Advanced v5 Update v6.000

James -

This is good news. Is this a pretty straight-forward upgrade from earlier versions (ie - existing settings will carry forward from v5 to v6) with similar configuration options? Has the module been tested in any live stores yet?

Our FedEx account currently works with Miva's new FedEx Web Services module. Do we still need to contact FedEx to have something enabled?

Thanks,
    Paul
    Paul

Comment

Hi Paul,

For the most part, yes, it should be a straight forward upgrade, particularly if you had a recent version of the module. If your FedEx account is already re-certified for the WebServices API as would be required also for Miva's latest built-in FedEx module, then you shouldn't need to contact FedEx.

The upgrade does attempt to read settings and import/upgrade them wherever possible. There were many changes to the API and a few feature enhancements so you might notice a few extra settings (in particular, relating to LTL Freight). Given the myriad of configuration options I would still recommend checking the config from top to bottom, and perhaps take some screen shots of the module config before upgrading.

Best,
      James
      James Harrell
      2005-2007 Miva Merchant
      2001-2005 Copernicus

Comment

James -

Thanks for the info. I downloaded your module and am reading the docs. It says I need to get a key and password from FedEx. I didn't need to do this for the built-in module or for other software we have which uses this service. Can you confirm that this is necessary? I have an email in to our FedEx rep, but would like to install this tonight if possible so I have time to work out kinks before the weekend.

Paul
        Paul

Comment

OK, so I bought the Everything Subscription. I received the license key via email and downloaded the module. I've begun installing it and I'm getting an error indicating that the key is not valid. I'm cutting and pasting it from the email, so I doubt it's a typo issue.

Has anyone purchased and installed a module using the subscription license key? I've got a ticket open with them and am awaiting a response, but am wondering if I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks,
          Paul
          Paul

Comment

I'm looking into the ticket now.
            James Harrell
            2005-2007 Miva Merchant
            2001-2005 Copernicus

Comment

Should be resolved, but let's carry on the communication via helpdesk if you still have an issue. The license hadn't been transferred from the store to our license manager yet, and I've adjusted the system to avoid this going forward.
              James Harrell
              2005-2007 Miva Merchant
              2001-2005 Copernicus

Comment

James -

Thanks for looking at this. Unfortunately, it's still a no go. I contacted you via the ticket system about an hour ago. Please advise.

Paul
                Paul

Comment

Working admin credentials would help. :) This really isn't a topic for the message boards.
                  James Harrell
                  2005-2007 Miva Merchant
                  2001-2005 Copernicus

Comment

Working...
                  X