Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edit CSS - The latest time and sanity saver from Phosphor Media

Announcing Edit CSS: the Greatest thing since pre-buttered, sliced bread,
    perfectly toasted and served in bed, just the way you like it!

* Edit CSS File where you need them

* No additional setup or tools required

* Validate your CSS with one click

* Easy file backup and restore

Seriously, what's so great about sliced bread? I mean, how hard is it
    to take a slice off of a loaf of bread? Yet, how many of you buy
    un-sliced loaves? So why are you still slicing your own Style Sheets?

It can be a real hassle - seeing something on your site you'd like to
    change via CSS, firing up your FTP client, locating the CSS file,
    downloading it, making the change, uploading it again, refreshing the
    page in your browser - oops, it doesn't look right, rinse and repeat ad nauseum.
    Edit CSS eliminates the hassle. Your style sheets are one click away
    from where you need them the most: in your Merchant Admin's Edit Page
    template screen.

Edit CSS puts a tab right on your Page template screen in the admin,so
    you can quickly load and edit all your style declarations. Even if you
    have multiple style sheets in different directories on your site, Edit
    CSS puts them right where you need them.

Edit CSS also makes back up copies of your style sheets in case you
    want to look up a previous version, or revert back to a previous
    version if a change doesn't look as you imagined it would. Talk about hassle-free!

Edit CSS is extremely simple to install and use. It automatically
    locates every CSS file listed in your store. It automatically assigns
    itself to every page. It will soon become your favorite module -
    changing all those "I should tweak that setting a bit" thoughts into completed tasks.

Put down the knife and put an end to style sheet hassles!

Order Now, or Just Get More Information
    Last edited by lesliekirk; 06-20-12, 04:04 PM.
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Re: Edit CSS - The lastest time and sanity saver from Phosphor Media

Mmmmm Bread
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Re: Edit CSS - The latest time and sanity saver from Phosphor Media

All those little tweaks just got so much easier.
      This module is very cool for what it does and I won't do another Miva site without it.

Simple to install (providing you are using the default css location and your css file is listed under your Head Tag Content) otherwise you will need to move it there by uploading the file and making any necessary edits for css images called in.
      Mark Hood
      Vermont Gear

Comment

Mark,

Thanks for the feed back. We will be introducing a version that will let you access any style sheet (and actually, any text file you want..."can you say .htaccess...I knew you could") However, the focus for CSS Edit was to make it "thought-less."

We are also adding image uploading (to the CSS image directory) and a few other niceties...(And yes, I am dreaming of a Style Previewer...but so far, that looks like a dream.)
        Bruce Golub

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

Nice one Bruce, I love the idea of the previous version that you can go back to. Are you doing bulk discounts for those who have multiple sites?
          Richard Waters

www.MivaWebmaster.com
          [email protected]
          Tel: 541-943-3268

Comment

Definitely...drop me a line in the old in box and we'll work something out.
            Bruce Golub

phosphormedia.com

Comment

Re: Edit CSS - The lastest time and sanity saver from Phosphor Media

I just installed the CSS Edit to my website & I have a question about the original CSS coding that I never edited. I validated my CSS page thru W3C link from the page I was looking at. The validation came back with 25 coding errors. 99% are original coding which I never touched. The 1% is when I added another font to each font group because I wanted a more child-like font on my webpages. I printed out the coding errors pages along with the validated CSS beneath it. Should I be concerned? Should we use the style from W3C when using CSS and correct the original coding errors. As far as I can tell the coding that came back in error hasn't affected the website performance but for future should we standardize our coding according to W3C?

Kathleen Steimle-Hermes
              , owner
              Miss Kate's Creations
              [email protected]
              www.misskatescreations.com

Handcrafted fabric covered photo albums, frames, brag books and MORE

Comment

Kate,

Validation services are not "judges" so much as they are "advisors." That being said, I just ran it against a site we just started working on, and there where no "errors" that we introduced so, not sure where your list is coming from. Can you post it here (wrapping it in [ c o d e ] [/c o d e ] --- remove spaces.
                Bruce Golub

phosphormedia.com

Comment

Bruce,

I wasn't referring to the Phosphor Media CSS code. I was referring to the original CSS code for Miva Merchant 5.5 that comes with the storefront. I just wondered if there was a coding standard we needed to follow since the validation process showed errors in the original MM5 CSS code but it evidently doesn't affect the operation of my storefront. Actually, the question was supposed to go to Rick Wilson at Miva but it didn't post as I had meant it to post.

Originally posted by Bruce - PhosphorMedia View Post
                  Kate,

Validation services are not "judges" so much as they are "advisors." That being said, I just ran it against a site we just started working on, and there where no "errors" that we introduced so, not sure where your list is coming from. Can you post it here (wrapping it in [ c o d e ] [/c o d e ] --- remove spaces.

Kathleen Steimle-Hermes
                  , owner
                  Miss Kate's Creations
                  [email protected]
                  www.misskatescreations.com

Handcrafted fabric covered photo albums, frames, brag books and MORE

Comment

Well, you can understand my confusion then as you posted this under the module's introduction. And though you meant it for Rick, I have a sneaky suspicion that I might know a bit more than he does about CSS<g>.

Seriously though...I'm perplexed, because, as I said, I ran the STOCK CSS code from Merchant against the W3c validator (which CSS Edit uses) and got 0 errors.
                    Bruce Golub

phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
                    X