New Module: Calculate Shipping v5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Module: Calculate Shipping v5

According to the presentation Rick gave at the conference, Q2 will be the roll out of the advanced shipping administration (essentially built in CBS shipping supermod). That would mean all stores would have it. My point is if they were going to put that function back in for MM5, why not just write a token and eliminate the need for 3rd party modules to display shipping methods on all screens. My mini-basket has paid for itself many times over so I really don't care if that feature is replaced by a built in feature. If it puts Miva Merchant closer to being best in class, it should be done.
    Good idea Bill, Thanks! I doubt we'll fix anything in the CBS Shipping SuperMOD, but we can certainly address these issues when we make it part of the core functionality.
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Sounds like a reasonable proposal and solution to me.

Best regards,
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Steve Nguyen, Advanz Design
      Save Up To 20% On All Products At
      Miva Programming, Consultation And More

Comment

Will this module work with UPS Custom Integration, Flat Rate Shipping and Flat Rate Shipping By Zip Code Modules?

We are running all 3 and probably will be adding SuperMod to further assist with options on particular products.

Thank you!

Originally posted by Advanz Design View Post
        Hi Folks,

Announcing our new Calculate Shipping module for Miva Merchant 5. Provide your customers the ability to calculate shipping costs for their order before entering the checkout process. The estimated shipping costs display in the basket page by default, but can be displayed in any storefront page by relocating the associated SMT item as desired.

Additional features include:
        -Optionally display input fields to prompt for zip code and country as required for customer info based shipping methods/modules.

-Sort the list of estimated shipping costs by shipping method code, name, or price in ascending or descending order.

More details at http://www.advanzdesign.com?product=calcship5

Best regards,

Comment

Even though this type of shipping integration works a little differently from a typical shipping module, there shouldn't be any problems incorporating it along with the Shipping Supermod with our module. We haven't run into any unique scenarios that can't be accommodated so far.

Best regards,

Comment

Hi Steve -

I just bought this module for a store I'm working on. Right now we are only using the built-in (5.5 PR7) UPS Domestic Shipping Calculator.

Now that I'm testing, items don't make it into the cart. Instead, this error screen:

Error Code: MER-SUI-MMU-00002
            Description: Shipping Selection is required and no shipping methods were found. Please contact the administrator directly.

'calcship' item is checked for BASK, PROD and PATR pages (thus far), so it's not that.

What could it be?

thanks
            Michael

Comment

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your interest and feedback. We haven't experienced any issues with the new PR7 release in conjunction with this module nor any reported issues from our users so far. To narrow things down for troubleshooting try temporarily deactivating the module by navigating to the modules list under domain settings > modules > browse/search for the module > corresponding edit link > deselect active check box > click update button to see if this resolves the error code.

For future support/inquiries, please call or email us directly if you require further technical assistance.

Thanks,

Originally posted by swiftmv View Post
              Hi Steve -

I just bought this module for a store I'm working on. Right now we are only using the built-in (5.5 PR7) UPS Domestic Shipping Calculator.

Now that I'm testing, items don't make it into the cart. Instead, this error screen:

Error Code: MER-SUI-MMU-00002
              Description: Shipping Selection is required and no shipping methods were found. Please contact the administrator directly.

'calcship' item is checked for BASK, PROD and PATR pages (thus far), so it's not that.

What could it be?

thanks
              Michael

Comment

Is there a way with this to charge customers a flat rate shipping option but still print out the shipping labels from Miva directly with the actual postage?

Comment

The shipping label printing within PR7 is not interdependent with what you show or charge your customer.

But right now theres no way to print a USPS label with postage either way.
                  Last edited by Rick Wilson; 06-10-10, 12:40 PM.
                  Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                  CEO
                  Miva, Inc.
                  [email protected]

Comment

Is this a feature that might be added in the future?

Comment

SNA,

I don't follow you? Do you mean to print USPS postage? Yes we will be adding that at some point but it'll be through Stamps.com and/or Endicia, since USPS doesn't actually allow for it directly.
                      Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                      CEO
                      Miva, Inc.
                      [email protected]

Comment

Yes, printing USPS actual postage. We currently use Endicia, but would like the option when we print off orders to be able to print off shipping labels at the same time rather than run them later.

Comment

Working...
                        X