X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keitho
    replied
    Re: Emporium Plus Mega Bundle - Questions

Thanks Brennan, that's exactly what I was looking for.

Leave a comment:

• Brennan
    replied

@keith

Here are the updates since made to toolkit since your version:

29 Apr 2013 - 5.271 - strip carriage returns from savebasketascookie
    20 Nov 2013 - 5.272 - added from_name to the smtp function
    11 Dec 2013 - 5.273 - added the following MvSMTP controls

PORT = "{g.Domain:mailport}" USERNAME = "{ g.Domain:mailuser }" PASSWORD = "{ [ g.Module_Library_Crypto ].Decrypt_Payment_Password( g.Domain:mailpass ) }" FLAGS = "{ g.Domain:mailflags }"
    <MvIF EXPR = "{((g.Merchant_Production_Version GE 8) AND (g.Merchant_Update_Version GE 7)) OR (g.Merchant_Production_Version GE 9)}">

7 Feb 2014 - 5.274 - added counter variable to the bestseller function
    27 Feb 2014 - 5.275 - fixed the %DoNotEmail_E% in the waitlist_email
    23 Mar 2014 - 5.276 - added fieldtype to the field insert for custom fields

I also posted all the update notes to the module product page here: http://apps.miva.com/product/WCW-TOOLKIT5.html

Leave a comment:

• Bruce - PhosphorMedia
    replied

Not being a Curmudgeon. If its just curiosity/education, yes I understand wanting to know what's new...however, you brought up "I hate to pay for it since I don't know what it added."

I'm just saying, get the update because running updated versions of software is ALWAYS the best business decision. Finding out what's in it is secondary.

To be honest, maybe I am a little on the tweaked side as we work hard on our modules to put in fixes BEFORE things break, and features before folks ask. AND, we've invested a TON of time to create a licensing/version control system to make it easy for folks to stay current, only to find that about 30%/40% of our customers stay current. (And we mostly see that when they ask for support).

Leave a comment:

• Keitho
    replied

Bruce, don't be a curmudgeon. I felt that Brennan's response was unclear and that not enough information was provided. Can YOU tell me the difference between my Toolkit version and the current? Did it add another feature? Is there a bug?

Oh, and I happily paid the $15 for last week for continued used of the one of your modules because it does provide great value (like Tool Kit) and when there's an update you tell us why. Don't you like to know what you are paying for?

Leave a comment:

• Bruce - PhosphorMedia
    replied

Keith, $20.00 to use, what is most likely the lynch pin for almost all add on functions in your store?

Have you spent more than 20 minutes on just deciding/determining? That's 20 minutes you could have spent getting more sales, fulfilling orders, etc. That means you value your time at less than 60/hr. As the owner of a company (no matter how small) you should at least think you are worth $60/hr.

Leave a comment:

• Keitho
    replied

Thanks Brennan. I clicked on the "Upgrade" link inside the Toolkit Admin and it took me to a page on apps.miva.com telling me that my version was out of date and asking for a $20 upgrade charge.

http://apps.miva.com/product/WCW-TOO...tml?now=5.2710

Are you saying that I can request the update at no cost or should I pay for it? In a way I hate to pay for it since I don't know what it added. Bill used to have notes about that (or at least a mention of which Toolkit functions were added in what version).

Leave a comment:

• Brennan
    replied

Hi Shannon -

We only brought over individual modules to the new app store that had sold in the past year. The Kit Maker module may not be a very popular module (and its functionality should be built into Version 9). If there are individual modules you want, which we don't have for sale currently, email me and I can give you a way to purchase them.

For most updates you should not need a new license. However depending on how old your module version, some module which did not need a license before now require a license. There is a link you would click on the module to request a license, but this should be rare.

Leave a comment:

• srmb
    replied

I noticed that several of the modules included in the bundle (Kit Maker for example) are no longer available for sale individually. So is buying this bundle the only way to get those modules?

Also, if I already have several of these modules, but they aren't the most current version, would I need to reinstall a new license for the bundle versions or would it provide an upgrade for these modules?

Shannon

Leave a comment:

• Bruce - PhosphorMedia
    replied

Originally posted by Keitho View Post
    I'm a small business owner and I worry about stuff like recurring costs. My concern was that someone could purchase it (and it's a good deal, for sure) and then in a year receive a bill with a very reasonable $10 subscription charge for each of the 88 modules. $880 could be a deal breaker for some users and you guys may not have been able to collect since there was no notice. Glad that its not an issue.
    With all due respect, and to the wider Miva Store Owner community:

If there was a recurring charge (at least with our system) the $10 would ONLY be for modules you had installed and where using. If, you have a module installed that is not worth $10 a year to your bottom line...you should remove it.

This is why our "Guarantee" includes "profitability". If you don't think ANY of our modules added to your bottom line enough to PAY for the module. Remove and return it. No questions.

Leave a comment:

• Gordon - Phosphor Media
    replied

Richard:

"This bundle is licensed for a single domain."

Leave a comment:

• Rich
    replied

With this deal, do you have to register all these modules with a single store, or can thy be bought and used in different stores? Also do they have to be registered right away?

Leave a comment:

• William Davis
    replied

I purchased about a little over a dozen Emporium Plus modules several months back for almost $200.00 for our migration project (M4 to M5). This is a great deal and investment for MIVA store owners which comes out to less than $3.50 a module.

Leave a comment:

• Keitho
    replied

I'm a small business owner and I worry about stuff like recurring costs. My concern was that someone could purchase it (and it's a good deal, for sure) and then in a year receive a bill with a very reasonable $10 subscription charge for each of the 88 modules. $880 could be a deal breaker for some users and you guys may not have been able to collect since there was no notice. Glad that its not an issue.

So what does this mean for staying current on Tool Kit? I'm on 5.2710 and its at 5.28. Do I need to purchase the update?

Leave a comment:

• Rick Wilson
    replied

We just didn't even think about it.

Leave a comment:

• Keitho
    replied

I figured as much but was surprised that nothing was said about it. Thanks for clarifying.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X