— 21% said the order wouldn’t go through
    — 18% said the order form was too complicated
    — 15% said they were unable to use coupons or discounts on the site
    Source: Yankee Group

Source Webpage
    Steve Strickland
    972-227-2065

Re: Cart Bailout Survey

I would be curious where "window/comparison shoppers" sit within those statistics. While I think those numbers are probably pretty accurate, they are missing a few "other reasons" why shoppers abandon carts.

Comment

That concept is covered in the article...the don't reflect in the statistic points as you could assume MANY of those purchased elsewhere...still it would be great is all stats where accompanied by methodology...as Twain said...there are lies, damn lies and statistics/
      Bruce Golub
      Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
      phosphormedia.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce - PhosphorMedia
        That concept is covered in the article...the don't reflect in the statistic points as you could assume MANY of those purchased elsewhere...still it would be great is all stats where accompanied by methodology...as Twain said...there are lies, damn lies and statistics/
        "Statistics: The only science that enables different experts using the same figures to draw different conclusions."

-- Evan Esar
        Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

I visited Yankee Group and was unable to determine the methodology although they have an "explanation" that's couched entirely in meaningless corporate-speak hyperbole.

I was also unable to determine how to acquire any of their reports. The entire site appears to be devoid of information and products. It's all hype and badly organized at that.

Looks they need some plain old Miva marketing help!
          Steve Strickland
          972-227-2065

Comment

Working...
          X