Marketing budget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marketing budget

Two questions that I would love to hear your thoughts on. For a small business starting on a small marketing budget, do you think allocating $1,000 will produce any results? Is that too small?

Re: Marketing budget

Let me answer your two questions with three more!
    - What are you marketing?
    - How are you marketing?
    - Is this a monthly budget?

$1000/month might be a good starting point for a low-end PPC+SEO campaign, depending on how competitive your market is. If you're selling DVD players, digital cameras, laptops and memory, you won't get very far with that budget.

If you're selling hand made sculptures of panda bears (ok, don't ask where that came from!) to an extremely loyal and targeted audience, $1000/month might be just fine.

In other words, highly competitive markets with low margin products are a tough place to make money on the internet.

Best,
    James
    James Harrell
    current: Friend of Miva
    2007-2012 eMediaSales & Viking Coders
    2005-2007 Miva Merchant
    2001-2005 Copernicus

Comment

James is correct. The more competitive your market, the less you'll get out of a $1000 budget. HOWEVER, noobies that try to manage their own Google Adwords account tend to throw money away left and right by not knowing what they're doing. We provide SEO services for Miva site owners so I'd be happy to give you a free consultation. We don't provide PPC services, but could point you in the right direction.

In the end, no matter what you decide to do, make sure you research any companies you plan to work with.
      Ted Hust
      AarcMediaGroup.com

Celebrating 13 Years of Outstanding Service & Support
      Miva Merchant Design

Comment

Ted is correct. Noobs have a very strong tendency to throw money away in PPC. PPC is not like anything else in the entire marketing universe, it's upside-down and inside-out. To achieve success you must have excellent data and know how to interpret it. You must also have incredible discipline that goes against every business instinct you have.

There's a lot of frauds in the SEM/SEO/PPC business. I mean a LOT! A lot of total incompetents, too.

I've watched Ted for some time and I'm certain he knows the score. Let him teach you. It'll be a whole lot cheaper than teaching yourself.
        Steve Strickland
        972-227-2065

Comment

Hmm.. Okay, thanks for your opinions on this..

Im just starting and maybe I'd start on creating adsense blogs..

So I guess I will have to do a research on how to start and where to start with..

Thanks!

Comment

Unless you yourself are a seasoned in SEO and link building, an adsense blog isn't going to generate you any revenue. After a year you might be able to make $50-$100 per month, but the made for adsense sites concept is very played out. If you want a blog of that sort to make any money via adsense, you would have to nearly become a full time writer, and you'd have to be good at it on top of it.
            Ted Hust
            AarcMediaGroup.com

Celebrating 13 Years of Outstanding Service & Support
            Miva Merchant Design

Comment

Working...
            X