Web.com SEO Services ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Web.com SEO Services ?

I joined Web.com SEO services. Is anyone familiar with this company and are they worth. I'm paying 78.00 per month.
    Thanks!

Re: Web.com SEO Services ?

Originally posted by musicforkids View Post
    I joined Web.com SEO services. Is anyone familiar with this company and are they worth. I'm paying 78.00 per month.
    Thanks!
    Personally, I have never heard from them -but that may not mean anything. The important thing is what will they do for $78.00 per month? Frankly, I cannot help being very skeptical about any these types of monthly SEO services. What type of written expectations are they able to give you?

If its a one time "cookie cutter" solution, there is no need for a monthly service. If its a periodical feed service, once the initial ground work is done (the hardest part), it just a matter of regenerating the file and submitting it on a frequent basis (a few minutes each feed).

Second, how will you measure your ROI, by sales? This is without question the biggest mistake most website owner/operator make. I recommend, you have good analytical tools (Google Analytics -it's free) in place before you do anything else. Study all its reports carefully for the last three months.

Then retain the services of a consultant with a "PROVEN HISTORY OF ACCOMPLISHMENTS WITH MIVA SHOPPING CART SYSTEM", an individual that not only posses all the skills to drive qualified traffic to your site, but how to convert traffic into sales -the true ultimate objective. This will be better than any cookie cutter monthly SEO service.

Wishing you much success in all your future endeavors.
    Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

Bill has some good advice. However, you will want to know exactly what you're paying for. SEO is not descriptive of what you get. I can easily see charging more per month because there's a lot of work involved in a real, in-depth SEO analysis and the accompanying adjustments. However, it's rare for the audit/repair period to exceed 3 months and 6 weeks is about average. We usually let a new store run for 6 weeks before starting the audits so that the new data can get into the deep index first.

Another consideration is you can't do good SEO without keyword research. Otherwise you're just making blind guesses. You don't need to pay someone to throw money up in the air and hope the wind doesn't blow it away.

I also consider Analytics a "must have" for all stores. You must have good, complete data as part of the SEO audits. Analytics is just a part of it but it's a crucial part.
      Steve Strickland
      972-227-2065

Comment

If someone is charging you only $70 or so per month for SEO services, you will likely get NO BENEFIT whatsoever from it. They're probably doing stupid things like submitting you to search engines, crappy link directories and other bogus SEO tasks that will get you no results.

True SEO services cost money, and a fair amount at that. If $70 per month were all it took to get your website ranked, why would any one use PPC? Be wary if it sounds too good to be true, because as they say, it probably is.
        Ted Hust
        AarcMediaGroup.com

Celebrating 13 Years of Outstanding Service & Support
        Miva Merchant Design

Comment

So many SEO services have absolutely no first hand experience with Miva Merchant, or any other e-commerce platform for that matter. This means they are only going to focus primarily on off-site optimization techniques, which is only part of a MUCH larger picture.

There are numerous factors that come into play, both off-site and on, that require heavy research, tracking/analysis, testing, planning and careful implementation to generate well targeted traffic and convert a respectable chunk of that traffic into conversions. Unfortunately I see way too many Miva Merchant stores missing the basic on-site building blocks for good SEO/Conversions, and a $78.00 "SEO" service will not even come close to taking these items into consideration.

Comment

Working...
          X