Google Image search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Image search

It looks like about 15% of my traffic comes from google image search. I am contemplating opting out of it.

In you opinion, do you get a lot of orders from google image search?

Re: Google Image search

While traffic varies a lot, the conversion rates we're seeing for image searches reported in traffic sources are very low across all of our customers. I'd like to have a larger data set.
    Last edited by Biffy; 10-31-09, 03:56 AM.
    Steve Strickland
    972-227-2065

Comment

If someone looking for specific product then it might be possible that you can get order from google image search.

Comment

I have an update.

I have a customer where Google Images is the #3 referring source for traffic, the #1 referring source in gross revenues, with an ecommerce conversion rate of 6.5%.

I never would have predicted it.
        Steve Strickland
        972-227-2065

Comment

So would tell us that we should pay close attention to how we name our images? Or is this alt tag based? Or all of the above?
          Leslie
          www.lesliekirk.com | Twitter | Facebook
          Past Web Production Manager for eMediaSales
          Previously of www.websyourway.com
          Forum Moderator lesliekirk
          Miva Merchant and more ... since 1997

Comment

Google images is a huge source of traffic for our store. The conversion rate is well below the site average, but the revenue still makes it worth keeping. Opting out would be disastrous for us.

As far as ranking, I am told it is similar to how a page ranks. Alt tags are important, but surrounding text is also a big part of it. I do not believe that naming has much affect on the results, but I could be wrong. If I knew the secret, I would optimize my images more to try and get even more traffic from them.

Comment

Yes many users find products in google image serach. I get many visitors from google image serach.
              That's why we should optimize images also.

Comment

Yes it's basically a combination of everything like a normal webpage.. filename/alt/containing page text/links.

Comment

ahhh, but it is text based...image search can't "read" the images...it infers what the image is from the surrounding text.
                  Bruce Golub
                  Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
                  phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
                  X