X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• d_host
    replied
    Red Flare,

I'm afraid you only get that warning message when you either have misconfigured settings in your store, or mismatched http/https references in the URL vs what's in the actual HTML code. No browser will display this type of message in any properly configured and coded MIVA Merchant store, so tripple-check your settings and code as what you describe is not exactly what everyone else experiences on other web sites. This is definitely not the norm, and it's a helpful indication that you have something not set up quite right in your store. It's not Firefox's fault. They are just trying to point out the problem to you.

Leave a comment:

• Red Flare
    replied
    I just tested my site with IE7 and it worked perfectly.

One thing I really like about IE7, is that if your customer is logged in and goes to add an item to the shopping cart IE7 does not give the "Although this page is encrypted..." error. Firefox does. See the screen shot for the error below. This will most likely improve the shopping experience for particularly paranoid customers.

Firefox error

Leave a comment:

• Pamela Hazelton
    replied
    There can be issues

We just worked on a store yesterday which required many updates of modules due to IE7 puking on some extraneous code input. Everyone should be testing their sites.

Leave a comment:

• d_host
    replied
    There are quite a few web based apps that don't work well in IE7 (yet) and require updates. Even something as common as Plesk web control panel has serious display issues in IE7, as does its Horde webmail system. SWsoft promises to have updates available early next week.

Definitely test your sites in IE7 and Firefox - just because your site 'works' in Firefox is NO guarantee it will work properly in IE7. By default installing IE7 will remove IE6 from your system, but there are ways to install it side by side so you can use both IE6 and 7 on the same PC. I prefer to run it this way so that you can test sites in both browsers quickly without having to resort to keeping an old PC around with IE6 for the forseable future.

Leave a comment:

• UltimateNourishment
    replied
    Whew!

Thanks Pete and Chuck!

Leave a comment:

• chucklasker-BANNNED
    replied
    I installed IE7 a few weeks ago and tested every site I've worked on. They all looked exactly the same. However, there's still differences between IE7 and FireFox, I noticed, mostly in minor things like spacing and CSS font control.

The big thing to me is the prominence they've placed on the SSL lock. It's now up next to the address bar, and, along with a popup warning, it changes color dramatically if there's an SSL error, like mixed content or the SSL certificate not being accurate. If the SSL is registered to a different domain, it doesn't even pull up the page - you have to click a link telling it to go ahead and pull up the page. If you'd been depending on people not really noticing that your site is not secure in checkout or ignoring SSL warnings, now's the time to buy an SSL certificate for a hundred bucks or so and have it installed.

Leave a comment:

• Pete McNamara
    replied
    It should - Microsoft is following almost all the W3 guidelines with IE7.

Leave a comment:

• UltimateNourishment
    replied
    If one's site displays correctly in Firefox would it display correctly in IE7?

Leave a comment:

• Pamela Hazelton
    replied
    And this is another reason why you shouldn't use IE as your sole testing browser.

Leave a comment:

• Pete McNamara
    started a topic Is your site/store ready for IE7?

Is your site/store ready for IE7?

I know I am starting to sound like a broken record on this, but is your site/store ready for IE7?

Certain coding which did not conform to W3 guidelines was treated by IE6 and previous versions in a particular way. IE7 treats such code in accordance with the W3 guidelines and so pages that contain such code may not display the way the site/store owners intended.

The reason why I am harping on this is that unlike all previous upgrades of Internet Explorer, the entire world user base will be upgraded to IE7 over a period of a couple of months, instead of a couple of years.

See this October 19 article and the comment below:

"Schare reiterated Microsoft's plans for distributing IE 7.0. Microsoft will release the new browser as a high-priority update through Automatic Updates in about three weeks. However, IE 7.0 will be distributed over time, so it could take two or three months for IE 7.0 to be distributed to all Automatic Update users"

Check your site/store thoroughly in IE7 to ensure your pages continue to display the way you intended.
Working...
X