No announcement yet.

Is your site/store ready for IE7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have found a lot of issues with IE7 not displaying simple CSS properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan - Kemper Strategic
      I have found a lot of issues with IE7 not displaying simple CSS properly.
      That's because IE7 is now 'standards compliant.'

:-)

Sorry, couldn't resist! MS has been claiming that IE7 was going to be following all common standards a lot more than any other browser, but everyone who's ever used it from the early beta days to the final release can tell you that Microsoft, once again, has invented "their own standards" with complete disregard for the rest of the world. Their own MSN site already complains in a few places when you try to access it with Firefox, and on some systems it tells you you are running bootleg copy of Windows and asks you to install a new, legitimate copy, before allowing you access to portions of Windows Update system.

Comment

That's because IE7 is now 'standards compliant.'
        Almost blew Mt. Dew all over my keyboard...

You know the end of the world is coming the day Internet Explorer is truely standards compliant or if Vista/Longhorn is sitting on the store shelf. ;)

Comment

BTW, Firefox 2.0 is going to be released tomorrow, officially, but it looks like they already posted the files on their FTP server today. If you want to start testing everything with both IE7 and Firefox 2.0, you can do so already. I got Firefox 2 downloaded for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux - will start testing it today.

Comment

Wow, so far I am very disappointed... Firefox 2.0 is extremely slow and clunky on both Mac OS X and Windows.

BTW, Firefox 2.0 is going to be released tomorrow, officially, but it looks like they already posted the files on their FTP server today. If you want to start testing everything with both IE7 and Firefox 2.0, you can do so already. I got Firefox 2 downloaded for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux - will start testing it today

Comment

Hmmm, interesting... what sort of machines do you have (CPU speed, RAM, etc)? I've installed it so far on two of my test systems: a G4 Mac mini with 512MB RAM and it rocks, and on Windows end, on a P4 Dual Core 3.2GHz 2GB RAM - also runs plenty fast. These systems are both over a year old so we are not talking about anything extravagant here.

Comment

iMac G5 and DELL (Core 2 Duo) both with 2GB of RAM running on DSL. I will be curious to see if what I am seeing disappears over the next couple of weeks, usually does with most new releases. Page load times are extremely slow though on all machines.

Hmmm, interesting... what sort of machines do you have (CPU speed, RAM, etc)? I've installed it so far on two of my test systems: a G4 Mac mini with 512MB RAM and it rocks, and on Windows end, on a P4 Dual Core 3.2GHz 2GB RAM - also runs plenty fast. These systems are both over a year old so we are not talking about anything extravagant here.

Comment

Just FYI...

Here's a post in the IE Blog that links to some useful tools/resources to help test compatibiltiy with IE7.
                  http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...ady_3F00_.aspx
                  Jimmy Cooper - "Still a Mivite at heart..."

Comment

Re: Is your site/store ready for IE7?

if you have a good and clean code, the function is ie7 is fine.

Bill
                    Professional icon design team

Comment

Re: Is your site/store ready for IE7?

A Simple Solution

Use this stylesheet header:

Code:
                      	<link href="http://website.com/mm5/css/compliantStylesheet.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
                      	<!--[if IE 6]><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen" href="http://website.com/mm5/css/ie6stylesheet.css"><![endif]-->
                      This causes IE6 to use it's own stylesheet and compliant browsers to use their own stylesheet. Write the HTML/CSS code for compliant browsers such as Firefox, get it to validate, then copy the stylesheet and revise it for IE 6.

Problem solved permanently.
                      Steve Strickland
                      972-227-2065

Comment

Working...
                      X