SE question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SE question

I have heard that Google could penalize and/or remove sites from itself for using "shady" SE practises. Does anyone know if advertising on http://store.exactseek.com/4greatbuys.html constitutes such "shady" practice?

thanks for any help

I don't know for sure but it is very unlikely.

Exact Seek and Jayde have been around a long time.

I think at worst, Google would just ignore your listings, if that were a problem to them - i.e. not give the links from those directories to your pages, any PageRank value. They wouldn't wipe your pages from their index or penalize them.

The question for you is, will you receive sufficient business just from those search engines/directories to justify your outlay? If so, then I would do it.

Comment

tx that helps :)

Comment

Originally posted by Red Flare
        tx that helps :)
        Hey Red I just wanted to mention that google has a blog for webmasters all about SE ranking & indexing.... One of the things I read this morning that Google finds shady is making random pages for indexing but having no other purpose for it (no incoming links but filled with keywords for example).

cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy
          Hey Red I just wanted to mention that google has a blog for webmasters all about SE ranking & indexing.... One of the things I read this morning that Google finds shady is making random pages for indexing but having no other purpose for it (no incoming links but filled with keywords for example).

cheers!
          Could you elaborate on this, I am a bit confused by what you mean.

tx

Comment

What he means is that there some SEO companies, that will offer to get you high rankings by making a "promotional" page. They usually have you select a number of keywords they are suposed to get your site ranked on. We unfortunately got involved with one of those before I knew anything about SEO. They basically build a page with lots of keywords (taken from other sites) and then like it to your main page. They page they created looked like a lot of broken english and nonsense. The company that got us, is now out of business (I think).
            Mike Batson
            http://www.nstarleather.com
            [email protected]

Comment

Working...
            X