dmoz.org

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dmoz.org

To me dmoz.org feels like a black hole: things go in, and that's the end of it. I submitted my site to them at least 3 month ago and ... nothing happened. My site is not indexed by dmoz, and I can't ask anyone if they even received my info.

Should I re-submit my site again? Anyone else had similar issues?

tx

Re: dmoz.org

I believe the biggest issue with dmoz is that it's moderated by volunteers, and depending upon the category of the site you may get picked up and approved quickly or an incredibly long time off.

I'm not sure if there is a penalty for resubmission, but you could try submitting again in a morre specific category perhaps?

Thanks,

Comment

There is eventually a penalty for resubmitting too many times. They call it spamming the submissions and they do flag your site eventually. Unfortunately like Julie said, it's a volunteer driven site and it's not know for its speedy turn around. If you are trying to get your site listed for SEO reasons, I'd conserve some of your energy.

Comment

Originally posted by Julie Wilber

I'm not sure if there is a penalty for resubmission, but you could try submitting again in a morre specific category perhaps?

Thanks,
        I submitted to an extremely targeted category. There are only 11 other links in that particular category.

Anyway, I will try to resubmit

Thanks for the responses

Comment

I would not resubmit. In August 20004 I submitted rabbitstop.com. I would randomly check through the months to see if it was listed. About a month ago I checked and it was listed! It took over 2 years and our rankings for our popular keywords made nice jumps from the 10 -20 spots to the top 3.

Eli
          Eli Boone

www.ferretdepot.com MM 4.22
          www.jjdog.com MM 4.22
          www.rabbitstop.com MM 5
          www.dingotreats.com
          www.chinchilladepot.com
          www.petloodirect.com
          www.kittystop.com

Comment

Working...
          X