Issue with Intuit Payment Solutions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue with Intuit Payment Solutions

Just a heads up for anyone using Intuit Payment Solutions on their Miva site. Intuit appears to have a problem with properly approving credit cards. Someone ran 14 fraudulent transactions through my website this week and they were in Pending and Rejected status. The card numbers were input multiple times until Intuit finally gave an approval code. The carts were abandoned. However, all of the debit cards used had a monetary hold on the victims' cards since that is how I have Intuit set up in Miva (approve/capture). I didn't know anything was going on until I received calls from 2 of the victims. Intuit blamed my cart as not having enough security to prohibit a potential customer from attempting to buy something multiple times even after a card has been given a rejected code for lost or stolen. Unless I'm missing something here, the problem looks like it is on Intuit's end to me. They are the ones that finally gave an approval code.

After speaking with them for an hour yesterday, they did void the 5 transactions showing in the Pending status. However, I did get charged $2.90 for card rejections @$.29 per rejection.

I'm cancelling them as my processor today and only using PayPal and Amazon on my website. I have NEVER had something like this happen before and I have been using merchant processors since 2003 when I first opened my Miva store.

Any thoughts from others who have used Intuit Payment Solutions?

Kathleen Steimle-Hermes
    , owner
    Miss Kate's Creations
    [email protected]
    www.misskatescreations.com

Handcrafted fabric covered photo albums, frames, brag books and MORE

I use that processor on one of my sites. My Wife uses QB POS in her store, so we use it on her site.

We have it set to Auth Only/Capture later. We have, in the past month or two, had a lot of declines coming from the website. Same name but different card number every time. Fortunately I caught it the first time. I think we had 40. Even declines cost $0.18 each. I installed the Checkout reCAPTCHA module, free: http://apps.miva.com/checkout-recaptcha.html, and it works great. I use Velocity mode and have it set to trigger after 2 fails within an hour. I had it set to 10 fails but that wasn't good enough. The bot was still testing cards, still got declines.

I don't think this is an issue with the processor. A Bot just happened to find a form to submit to.
    Ron Frigon
    Jedi Webmaster Obi-Ron Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Frigon View Post
      I use that processor on one of my sites. My Wife uses QB POS in her store, so we use it on her site.

We have it set to Auth Only/Capture later. We have, in the past month or two, had a lot of declines coming from the website. Same name but different card number every time. Fortunately I caught it the first time. I think we had 40. Even declines cost $0.18 each. I installed the Checkout reCAPTCHA module, free: http://apps.miva.com/checkout-recaptcha.html, and it works great. I use Velocity mode and have it set to trigger after 2 fails within an hour. I had it set to 10 fails but that wasn't good enough. The bot was still testing cards, still got declines.

I don't think this is an issue with the processor. A Bot just happened to find a form to submit to.
      I'm confused about "a bot just happened to find a form to submit to".

I've talked with 3 (up from my previous 2) people who have had their debit cards fraudulently used on 3/1 & 3/3 with the last one actually pulling money out of her account because the void wasn't put in place by Intuit quickly enough. Even with Auth Only/Capture later, that doesn't prevent someone from attempting to run card numbers through until an approval is given. My declines are $0.29 each so if I hadn't been paying any attention, my checking account could have easily been drained by the merchant fees. Intuit isn't about to refund those. I'm going to install reCAPTCHA module also but I still feel that Intuit isn't doing a good job allowing cards to go through even after a decline or reject.

Three different names were used on my site: Robert Raditya, Phillip Hanus, and gjvl. The actual names of the card owners are Tiara, Mark & Stephanie.

Kathleen Steimle-Hermes
      , owner
      Miss Kate's Creations
      [email protected]

Comment

Wow the new Credit Card Fraud Tools are great. Just wished they had existed at the beginning of the month when I was having all my problems before cancelling my Merchant processor. Oh well.

Kathleen Steimle-Hermes
        , owner
        Miss Kate's Creations
        [email protected]

Comment

We too have just experienced this with Intuit. We just now setup the tools, but we are having a hard figuring out how to best utilize them even after reading the documentation at docs.miva.com.

Which ones should we use? All of them? How should the settings be setup - I left them as default but according to the user above, leaving the Velocity set to 10 fails wasn't good enough?

Any insight into this would be helpful as the Merchant account is currently suspended until the issue is fixed.

Comment

I haven't tried the new tools yet, but currently heve my site set to 2 fails in an hour. It's not very likely that a real human will have enough fails to trigger the captcha. And it's ok if they do because they are a human and will be able to pass the captcha. The reason why 10 wasn't good enough was because I would still get the declines, but only a dozen at a time. Still too many IMO.
            Ron Frigon
            Jedi Webmaster Obi-Ron Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by afiumano View Post
              We too have just experienced this with Intuit. We just now setup the tools, but we are having a hard figuring out how to best utilize them even after reading the documentation at docs.miva.com.

Which ones should we use? All of them? How should the settings be setup - I left them as default but according to the user above, leaving the Velocity set to 10 fails wasn't good enough?

Any insight into this would be helpful as the Merchant account is currently suspended until the issue is fixed.
              All I have done at this point is install the tools. Since I cancelled my account with Intuit I don't have to worry about it as much since I'm only using PayPal and Amazon. That's not fair that they suspended your merchant account. It's their fault that the items are going through the gateway. I'm beyond angry with them right now as I'm doing my income tax and they have a major website problem with turbotax.

Kathleen Steimle-Hermes
              , owner
              Miss Kate's Creations
              [email protected]

Comment

Working...
              X