Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purchasing Mailing Lists

Hi All,

I was wondering has anyone had any experience in purchasing email lists... If so what companies did you use?

I was approached by a company recently but could not determine the quality of the lists they were pushing.

I am looking for a legit company that allows you to pick targeted potential customers but do not know where to start

Your help is much appreciated

Frank

Re: Purchasing Mailing Lists

I would be VERY careful with doing this.

A good majority of these 'list peddlers' use lists that were gathered via spam methods and you will likely wind up on black hole lists.

Comment

Hi Vic,

Thanks for the response. I realize that many of these companies are not reputable and the lists themselves may be considered spam.... But how about opt-in scenarios for example when you are registering with MSN or Yahoo, etc... Can those be purchased somewhere? Because the customers have already given their permission?

Frank

ps. I am actaually hosting with you, what is your policy regarding email campaigns?

Comment

Our policies are posted on our Terms of Service & Acceptable Use Policy page.

I would imagine Yahoo & MSN and other big companies have agreements in place with large vendors for some kind of revenue share. I doubt they would be interested in dealing with what they may consider "small potatoes".

Originally posted by Frank95a
        Hi Vic,

Thanks for the response. I realize that many of these companies are not reputable and the lists themselves may be considered spam.... But how about opt-in scenarios for example when you are registering with MSN or Yahoo, etc... Can those be purchased somewhere? Because the customers have already given their permission?

Frank

ps. I am actaually hosting with you, what is your policy regarding email campaigns?

Comment

Working...
        X