Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lesliekirk
    replied
    What happens if this isn't completed by July 26, 2021?

Leave a comment:

• Kent Multer
    replied
    All 76 of them? :^)

Leave a comment:

• Rick Wilson
    replied
    Only yours

Leave a comment:

• Kent Multer
    replied
    I hope the switch to Zendesk won't result in the deletion of all currently open tickets?

Leave a comment:

• ILoveHostasaurus
    replied
    Originally posted by William Davis View Post
    I would have thought Miva would keep relevant data in order for its support staff to use it as an internal knowledge base for when similar issues arise with another customers that is out of the ordinary and facilitate training new technicians. Obviously, it make no sense to retain MM4 related data and prior.
    We have an internal knowledgebase independent of the helpdesk that we use for that purpose. The helpdesk, even with an excellent search, does not work well for that because it often receives numerous support requests on the same subject, so one search could turn up hundreds or thousands of matching tickets and not necessarily the one you were looking for.

Leave a comment:

• jsdva
    replied
    Originally posted by ILoveHostasaurus View Post
    Obviously, it make no sense to retain MM4 related data and prior.
    Yep. I understand. Too far back and the info would become obsolete.

Leave a comment:

• William Davis
    replied
    I would have thought Miva would keep relevant data in order for its support staff to use it as an internal knowledge base for when similar issues arise with another customers that is out of the ordinary and facilitate training new technicians. Obviously, it make no sense to retain MM4 related data and prior.

Leave a comment:

• ILoveHostasaurus
    replied
    It's unlikely very old tickets will be imported, but we'll retain the data internally for a period of time. Due to the sheer volume, there is not a practical way to audit each ticket before import to arrive at a determination of whether they contain data that needs redaction or purging for any number of reasons. This will be easier to manage in the new system, but it will likely also include a reasonable expiry date going forward.

Leave a comment:

• jsdva
    replied
    Thanks Rick. Well, a year is better than nothing. I tend to refer back to support tickets when need be. So whatever I can get would be great!

Leave a comment:

• Rick Wilson
    replied
    I believe we're keeping all open tickets and possibly up to a year (or so) of past tickets. Don't quote me though, I'm not in the weeds on this process. I've asked TAC to chime in and give you specifics.

Leave a comment:

• jsdva
    started a topic ZenDesk as Support Portal / My.Miva

ZenDesk as Support Portal / My.Miva

So, will you be keeping our past support tickets? Or, will we be starting anew?

Jamie
Working...
X