SEO Website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SEO Website

I found a guy on these forums a few months ago that wrote a website on SEO. However, the catch was you only paid what you thought the information was worth. My computer crashed and I lost the link in my favorites. Does anyone know if this site sounds familiar?

Thanks
    StickerShoppe.com

Re: SEO Website

I would be wary of ever paying for SEO advice considering you can get free advice online. If you're looking to pay for TOP NOTCH advice, go to:

SEOmoz.org

They're site offers some of the best free tips in the industry and they also offer a paid ($49 per month) service that unlocks even more useful information.
    Ted Hust
    AarcMediaGroup.com

Celebrating 13 Years of Outstanding Service & Support
    Miva Merchant Design

Comment

Does that sound like a contratiction? Don't pay but here's a link to a pay site? Free information is out there but mostly it's full of old content, misleading information or a disguised ad. There are a few exceptions, but be very careful.

I don't know about the site you are talking about, but perhaps http://www.seofaststart.com will fit the bill. He has produced a number of free books and audio lessons. The items I've reviewed seem to be on the mark.
      Michael Davidson
      Picturesque
      http://picturesqueweb.com

Comment

I know its been a while since anyone posted anything with this thread, but I had to point out that I wasn't trying to get that guy to pay for SEOmoz's service. They offer enough free info for everyone, but the point is that SEOmoz.org is operated by one of the most respected seo firms in the world. Rand Fishkin one of the owners had done amazing things with getting the word about seo out there to small business owners. The paid service or info that this person was mentioning sounded fishy, so I figured if I pointed him in the direction of a reputable source of information, then at least they'd be heading in the right direction.

I'm sure the guy that runs the site you mentioned is a member of SEOmoz as the subscribers are mostly SEO professionals that want to take advantage of the wealth of tools they offer. It never hurts to get advice from a firm that makes $1000 per hour for seo consulting.
        Last edited by aarcmedia; 12-08-07, 05:14 AM.
        Ted Hust
        AarcMediaGroup.com

Miva Merchant Design

Comment

The problem with "paid" SEO work is that the bulk of getting good SEO results is 1) simple and straight forward and 2) a lot of work. Sounds like a contradiction doesn't it, but its not. The number one reason YOUR site isn't doing well is probably lack of content. And SEO firms don't do content; you do. Content isn't easy because you actually have to create it. Its not available in a module, nor can it usually be purchased off the shelf. Content means not just good product descriptions (narratives please, not just bullet points) but articles about using the product or service. Then, to get even better results, get that content linked from other sites. Sell natural facial products? Create (or hire) articles about the benefits of using your facial products over others kinds...and have those articles linked to from say natural product information sites.
          Bruce Golub
          Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
          phosphormedia.com

Comment

Good point by Bruce. There are actually SEO Firms that specialize in content building, although the best source of content is always yourself. Problem is, that if you want to rank well, you either have to spend A LOT of time working on building your websites content and both internal and external link profile. If you don't have time, then the only other option is to hire out.

With that said, you're industry isn't all that competive from an seo standpoint so as long as you put in time improving your website intelligently, you should be able to improve your rankings slowly but surely.
            Ted Hust
            AarcMediaGroup.com

Miva Merchant Design

Comment

Working...
            X