This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Miva Merchant 5.5 Dream Features

I'll get with Matt but he's wrong. We tested 10 levels deep during the beta and on store.yellowtee.com one of my tshirt examples has 3 deep.
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
      I'll get with Matt but he's wrong. We tested 10 levels deep during the beta and on store.yellowtee.com one of my tshirt examples has 3 deep.
      That's great news Rick. We will go ahead and re activate those prior to the export to the new setup then.
      Dan

Girlfriends Lingerie - "Keeping It Sexy!"
      Sexy Lingerie - Twitter - Facebook- Pinterest - YouTube

Comment

Hey Dan -

I wanted to clarify your attribute issue we are running into. It has nothing to do with the number of levels deep. That is not he issue. The problem has to do with having multiple sizes on a single product. Take a look at this product:

http://www.girlfriendslingerie.com/U...-swimwear.html

There is a size for the top and a size for the bottom and a single color. Really these are two separate products each with their own size and color. If this was setup that way it would work. Miva works fine when you have 3 attributes like size, color, material. However, you can’t have two size attributes because when we generate the variants it will create variants like this: small top - small bottom - blue as a single variant to track inventory on. However there is no inventory count for that variant because the blue small bottom could have 10 and the blue small top could have 0. These are really two separate products.

We are still looking into a solution for you. We should be able to come up with some other way to make this work for you.

Last edited by Brennan; 07-20-10, 07:05 AM.
        Brennan Heyde
        VP Product
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Brennan View Post
          Hey Dan -

I wanted to clarify your attribute issue we are running into. It has nothing to do with the number of levels deep. That is not he issue. The problem has to do with having multiple sizes on a single product. Take a look at this product:

http://www.girlfriendslingerie.com/U...-swimwear.html

There is a size for the top and a size for the bottom and a single color. Really these are two separate products each with their own size and color. If this was setup that way it would work. Miva works fine when you have 3 attributes like size, color, material. However, you can’t have two size attributes because when we generate the variants it will create variants like this: small top - small bottom - blue as a single variant to track inventory on. However there is no inventory count for that variant because the blue small bottom could have 10 and the blue small top could have 0. These are really two separate products.

We are still looking into a solution for you. We should be able to come up with some other way to make this work for you.

Ahh I see.... Thank you for the clarification Brennan. Sorry Rick for the confusion.
          Last edited by Datagg; 07-20-10, 07:10 AM.
          Dan

Girlfriends Lingerie - "Keeping It Sexy!"
          Sexy Lingerie - Twitter - Facebook- Pinterest - YouTube

Comment

It sure is nice to be able to assign attribute templates at the product import level but, it would be nicer if I could export what attribute templates are assigned at the product export level. Unless of course, I am missing something?
            Lynda Freeman
            Paragon Publications
            www.paragonpubs.com
            [email protected]

Comment

How about a customer/order data import/export for v.5.5 to 5.5? Need it for redevelopment/redeployment to a new site interface using CSSUI from an old MMUI store if you don't want to lose order/customer login data.

Comment

Garciap,

That's on our list for later this year (as is Linda's request).
                Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                CEO
                Miva, Inc.
                [email protected]

Comment

Hi Rick,

When is the July update scheduled to be released? Isn't it supposed to have the ability to duplicate products, attributes, options, categories, etc.....

Thank you.
                  David

Comment

David,

I don't have a firm date, it's not going to be in July, but it will be in the coming weeks. Yes it will contain the cloning features.
                    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                    CEO
                    Miva, Inc.
                    [email protected]

Comment

Rick,

Would you please consider adding the ability to quickly OverRide the automatic email that goes out when you change the status of an order to Shipped. We have times that products will reach the customer before we are able to change the status to shipped.

Thank you.
                      David

Comment

PROCESSING versus Picking status...

It seems to me that there isn't much difference between an order with 'Processing" status versus a Shipment with "Picking" status. Am I missing a key distinction between the two statuses? Aren't they the same thing?

If they are the same thing, perhaps they could be combined. For example's sake, let's say we keep "Picking" as a status and eliminate "Processing".

If what I am suggesting were implemented, when I click "Create Shipment" on an order, the order status would go from "Pending" to "Picking" on BOTH the Manage Orders screen AND on the Manage Shipments screen.

On another note...

PENDING Shipments?

What is a "Pending" shipment exactly? "Pending" is one of the three options in the Manage Shipments sorting drop-down menu. Why is "Pending" an option in Manage Shipments? I've never been able to get a "Pending" order to show up under Manage Shipments. What is an example of a "Pending" shipping. Wouldn't that be "partially shipped" or "backordered" or "picking"?
                        Last edited by skepticwebguy; 07-29-10, 04:54 PM.

Comment

That's a bug, there is no such thing as a Pending Shipment.
                          Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                          CEO
                          Miva, Inc.
                          [email protected]

Comment

Have a previous order and next order link within the order details page.

Comment

Related Product / Remove Product Checkboxes

Have a warning popup or relocate the "remove" product checkbox.

The "remove" and "assign" related product checkboxes are located in the exact same place within the admin product page.

On more than 1 occasion, I have deleted products, thinking I was assigning them as related products. aghh...

This happens when on Product page > Related products tab. Accidently using the Quick Find search box instead of the search box on the lower right of the page changes the assign boxes to remove boxes. It is an easy mistake to make.
                              Diana Hall
                              http://aGardenPlace.com

Comment

How about also changing the color of the update button to red if any remove boxes are checked? that should be a dhtml thing and not too hard to do.
                                If it is a warning color... and not the normal gray color.. we'd certainly see it.

Comment

Working...
                                X