Bitcoin Checkout Functionality

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bitcoin Checkout Functionality

Does anyone have any solutions for adding bitcoin/cryptocurrency checkout functionality? Many other top e-commerce platforms offer solutions out of the box or at least some documentation on how to integrate but I can't seem to find a peep on Miva that isn't older than 3 years old.

I'm not so excited to just approach Miva approved devs if they don't have experience in the space as security is obviously a concern.

Does anyone on this platform have any experience integrating functionality like this?

• Interested in this as well.
    Jon

Viscott Limited
    www.viscott.com

Comment

• There is plenty of experiance in the Miva Developer's community as several of us have done payment modules for outside firms. What we don't have are enough clients/customers to pay for the proper development of said module. This gets brought up at least four times a year, but the once talk of funding comes in, the crowd grows silent. :)
      Bruce Golub
      Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
      phosphormedia.com

Comment

• I may not be understanding you correctly, but I imagine the crowd goes silent because people don't want to pay for dev costs for a module to be used by other companies. I certainly don't mind paying for devs time on my site, but not an open module. Do you have any specific experience building modules related to cryptocurrency? Not general payment modules. I'm specifically looking for a dev with experience in the crypto space due to security/privacy concerns.

Comment

• Originally posted by NMPHIL View Post
          I may not be understanding you correctly, but I imagine the crowd goes silent because people don't want to pay for dev costs for a module to be used by other companies.
          Yes, you are misunderstanding. No one wants to pay (example, not accurate price) $15,000 for the development, OR get 10 stores together to pay $1500 each. No one said this module would be free or open, unless it was developed by Miva, and they might charge a premium (instead of including it with standard Merchant).

No one (outside of Miva, and maybe not even then) has experience writing cryptocurrency modules. There are none, so how would anyone get experience?
          Gordon Currie
          Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit Any Document Easily | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
          phosphormedia.com

Comment

• I was always hopeful that a Bitcoin merchant service would team up with Miva - if a developer at BitPay or Coinbase helped to develop the module, then it could require the use of a bitcoin merchant service with their company. I personally have a wallet and merchant account with BitPay and have sent them a couple emails expressing my interest in seeing an integration with Miva... so far no response from them.

Currently I can still accept Bitcoin payment as phone orders or in-store orders, but it's not a very elegant solution going back and forth with clients via email to send BitPay invoices / receive payments for an order that was initiated from our website.

I wonder if BitPay (or other Bitcoin service) heard enough interest from the Miva community if they would consider it a worthwhile investment to help fund the development of a module by a Miva developer, or work with them to help develop one...
            Last edited by delcorsets; 12-07-17, 06:01 PM.
            Psydde Delicious
            Delicious Boutique & Corseterie
            Philadelphia, PA
            www.DeliciousBoutique.com
            www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

Working...
            X