Length weight/cost attribute module

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Length weight/cost attribute module

We have a case where the length of a product as an attribute increases the weight and the cost of the product. This forces us to select specific lengths to offer on the website (ex. 1". 2". 2.5", 3", etc). additionally we just make the base weight 0 lbs and put the actual weight of each length in with the length chosen.

If it were possible to have a module where we specify a minimum and maximum length, and the customer just types in a length up to 3 decimal places (number of decimal places should probably be selected by seller), then we could greatly increase our sale opportunities, The calculator would have a cost and weight per inch/mm and would just have to round up to the next highest increment to calculate price and shipping. That I am aware of, there are no modules that allow for this.

I understand there is a way to bulk price, but this is a more specific case. Think about selling a machined metal rod, the longer the rod the more metal cost there is and work that goes into it. The rod can be machined to the customers specifications easily (length & diameter), but every customer with have a need for specialized dimensions. They also won't have the equipment to just cut or turn it themselves correctly or accurately.

I wouldn't this this attribute module would be hard, but that I can seem to find it does not exist.
Working...
X