Duplicate existing Price Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicate existing Price Group

When putting together price groups for promotions it would be very helpful to have a fast way to replicate a price group.

Example: There is a promotion from a manufacturer, that covers several product lines. While it would be a relatively simple matter to make a pan category/product price group and related coupon, we would like to see how this promotion affects each category. Since the discount would be the same across the products; being able to make one "base" price group that would be replicated and edited to be available to each of the coupon codes would be a time saver.

We have plans to add this type of functionality in Miva 10.

Can you describe the type of changes you would typically make between each price group? Is it just a different set of products?

I'm looking for the reasons why you would not just re-use the first price group.
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Difference would be:
      • Product categories
      • discount descriptions
      The above may be possible under the current system. I could be missing a setting combination that would cover this use case.

One of the motivators is clarity for customers and CSRs; but I may be falling to my "over-design-all-the-things" mental rat hole.
      Last edited by cpp-dev; 04-16-19, 11:14 AM.

Comment

For us, the reason we create a lot of price groups is that we need to specify different discounted items (or add-on items) for the qualifying items. We aren't often able to combine. Some of our discounted items are sold below cost as incentive to buy a specific qualifying item, and the math doesn't work if we mix qualifying items and discounted items. For example, buy a single widget and get 50% off a single accessory for it. This is below our cost for the accessory, but greatly increases our likelihood of converting an order for the widget. For a deluxe widget there is a deluxe accessory. If we discount the deluxe accessory when a customer buys a basic widget, we lose money.

The add-on products type Price Group is a bigger deal though. We do promotions where people buy a basic widget and get a basic accessory for free. The accessory only works with the qualifying item, so we need to do a whole new setup for each add-on type price group. And this is a popular type of promotion for us.

Each time we add a new Price Group we have to carefully walk through all the settings, priorities, and how it interacts with the other Price Groups, and invariably make mistakes. So, duplicating a Price Group (and all its settings) is definitely one of our top dream features. Thanks!
        Charlie Morrison
        www.MCRmedical.com

Comment

Working...
        X