Price Groups > Dynamic End Date Based on Date Assigned to Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price Groups > Dynamic End Date Based on Date Assigned to Group

Currently only static dates can be used to start and end price group pricing.

For the purpose of having subscription discounts or student discounts I'd like to be able to have a dynamic end date based on when a customer is first added (subscribed/enrolled) to the price group. So, a subscription price group might have a duration of a year, and a student discount might have a duration of a semester, etc.

I suppose this could be approached by having multiple price groups for the various duration times, or perhaps a there is a setting within the customer record that is used to specify the end date/duration of a price group assignment.

Psydde Delicious
    Delicious Boutique & Corseterie
    Philadelphia, PA
    www.DeliciousBoutique.com
    www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Took a quick look, and I think the only approach would be custom coding to assign and un-assign a customer from an existing price group. The valid dates are tied to the price group, and unless you wanted to create 365 price groups, each with a specific range...

My approach would be to add a custom custom field to hold the 'expiration' date (relying on a valid return from that field for the 'start' date), and when the customer logs in, and the date is valid, assign them to the price group, if not. Remove them.

Here's a code sample for adding the customer to a price group.
    https://docs.miva.com/code-samples/a...to-price-group

You'd use PriceGroupXCustomer_Delete to remove them (sorry, no handy code samples but if you get stuck, i'll dig through our projects. I know we've done something just like this.)

Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
    X