Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search Textbox Default Text

Hi Everyone,
    I am not sure I am posting this in the correct spot, but we would love to change the default text in the search box from "Search" to something different. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thank you!
    --Scott

that can be easy and not so easy depending on how the search item is put in there. If it's just the item and not the hard coded result of the item you'll need some javascript to pull that off. Or you can use the rendered souce the search item makes and use that instead of the search item (most of the time) and then just replace the 'placeholder' attribute on the search input tag.
    Colin Puttick
    Miva Web Developer @ Glendale Designs

Comment

that should be just a "Placeholder" attribute attached to that input. Typically, you'll find that bit of code in the 'navigation' template under User Interface | Settings. Though I've seen it in 'ReadyTheme' templates and occasionally in Global Header templates.

BTW: Posting an actual link to the site, or at least mentioning the ReadyTheme being used would allow a more direct response.
      Bruce Golub
      Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
      phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
      X