Reassign existing Upsale to new product

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reassign existing Upsale to new product

Minor tweak but if you create an upsale of product1 and assign a bunch of products, then that upsold product needs to be replaced permanently y or temporarily by an equivalent one you need to delete that upsold product, create a new upsold product and reassign the related products. In our case several lubricants, each of which had different associated products was discontinued, and a two others were only temporarily unavailable from the manufacturer so we substituted similar products. It might be nice to be able to change the upsold products product code to avoid reassigning the associated products -especially if you have a couple thousand products.

I supposed another solution might be to do something similar to Buisness Groups and allow creation of 'product groups' and then allow assigning of these groups to an upsale - so you could create a group say all 'small door padlocks' with 25 items, and then you could easily assign that to a lubricant, or bolt cutters or some other upsale.
    Last edited by habreu; 05-12-20, 11:25 AM.

If you change the product code of Product1 to Product2, it should retain those relationships as the proudct_id would be the same...unless someone was half awake when they wrote the upsell codes and actually used Product_Code instead of Product_ID in the data table relationships. (Not the same as if they had you ENTER a product code, that SHOULD get translated back to product_id.
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

The field for the existing upsale product code is not editable.

Comment

Hmmm, Don't know if there is a way to test this, but if you change ATEP-40338 to say ATTP-40338, then, that's what the Upsell should now show. Like I said, the underlying connection should be at the Product_ID level. The Product_Code is just used for display. (But that's not guaranteed for Upsell, just the way it "Should" work.)
        Bruce Golub

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
        phosphormedia.com

Comment

Ah, didn't catch your meaning on the first pass - you are saying to change the actual products code? If that is the case not ideal since even though the products may be similar all the product page content, including any material safety data sheets and technical data sheets would be wrong. Also the products would not match quickbooks product numbers. If I misunderstood, well that is just my brain today. :)

Comment

And yes, if I change the product number it is updated in Upsale but how I can use that to my advantage.

Comment

Same should hold true for the Upsale products TOO the Product. The Product_ID is the irrevocable reference, not the Product_Code.
              Bruce Golub

phosphormedia.com

Comment

Unfortunately the fields are not editable in the upsale section of the admin (as shown in the images above) once the upsale is created.
                Last edited by habreu; 05-13-20, 10:45 AM.

Comment

No, you change the product code at the Product Level. Now, what you can't do--and just now realize this might be what you mean--is you can change ATTM_1234 to and EXISTING product code.

Personally, though, i dislike the built in upsel as you don't want to interrupt the checkout flow. Better to use a basket upsell method.
                  Bruce Golub

phosphormedia.com

Comment

Yes that is what I meant - quickly swap out one for another that way. It would also work if there was an import/export as I could just change it in the csv. Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Yes, I too would love this feature. The upselling feature has worked great for us. Since there isn't a way to have upselling make sure the product is in stock we have to watch it carefully to make sure we aren't selling product we don't have. Doing so means we need to create another new listing to take it's place. Being able to change the item that is being upsold with the same parameters and required products would be a great time saver.

Comment

MichelleC do you mean that upsell in Miva doesn't respect the inventory quantity on hand? So, if the upsell is out of stock.. it still is sold anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by kayakbabe View Post
                          MichelleC do you mean that upsell in Miva doesn't respect the inventory quantity on hand? So, if the upsell is out of stock.. it still is sold anyway?
                          Yes, that has been our experience. It will still suggest it as an Upsale even if you have run out of stock.

Comment

Working...
                          X