Add email Reporting of Data Management Import Feature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add email Reporting of Data Management Import Feature

Before Data Management we imported products from flat file and still do for some things and it has an Enable Logging and optional email of the results.

I don't see that in Data Management/Import and while the old import from flat file could also create a results file on the FTP server the Data Management doesn't seem to do that either.

Why would there not be a logging function in Data Management/Import? No email and no log file of results on the FTP server?
    Why were the logging functions of Import from Flat File not included with Data Management/Import?

We get part numbers from several different suppliers and might add 100+ new part numbers to the store a week.

Most of the time the part numbers are new to the store but sometimes some part numbers may already be in the store from another supplier.

The Data Management/Import displays the number of records added and the number updated but I would like to know which ones were updated so I could take a look at them and see if the information needs to be adjusted.

If Data Management/Import would email me the results I could look at the few items that got updated to see if there was something more to do about those.

Currently we only out put detailed error messages to the screen after an import. For successful adds/updates we just display the counts. However I can see the need for additional logging/information here. I'll see if we can get this added in a future update.
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

IThanks.

When the original functionality is restored that will help me be able to tell when something I want to add is already in the store and I might want to take a look at it like I used to be able to do.

While your at it I reported this undocumented feature as case:

WYO-776-66232

For more than 10 years I have been able to get emails with results from the Import/Export and now it doesn't work and nothing changed on my end and I see this in my inbox:

This is the mail system at host deda328.mivamerchant.net.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

Perhaps you will investigate the case number.

Miva Support says:

I'm sorry but this is happening because the export module uses the same email address you're trying to send to and use it as the FROM email address as well. The problem is that an email using FROM mindspring or yahoo but being sent from the site's mailserver gets treated as spam because it's spammy behavior. Our developers are aware of this issue and are working on changing the send feature in a patch. Until then you'll need to stick to your site's email addresses if you wish to have the file emailed to you.

That email stuff worked fine for more than 10 years - and now it doesn't.

I need those emails sent to me - not the store owner configured in Miva Admin.
      Last edited by joseibarra; 11-02-20, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X